Sr. Tax Analyst
Palo Alto, CA
This position will be responsible for a variety of tax issues including preparation/review of federal, state, and local tax returns and income tax provision. Opportunities will also exist for exposure to various other specialty areas including: corporate income and franchise taxes, credits and incentives, sales/use/withholding taxes and other special projects.
This role does not offer relocation.
- Preparation/review of federal/state/local income/franchise/gross receipt tax returns;
- Preparation/review of federal and state income tax estimates and extensions;
- Obtaining information for tax provisions and tax returns;
- Preparation/review of quarterly and annual income tax provision;
- Preparation of tax account forecasts and monthly accruals;
- Tracking and generating responses to notices/audits regarding federal, state, and local tax issues;
- Providing assistance with IRS and state income/franchise tax audits;
- Providing assistance with technical research on various tax issues;
- Maintaining proper audit and compliance documentation;
- Assisting in / coordinating ad hoc/special projects as needed
- This role will be involved in day-to-day projects within the Tax team, as well as external advisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of recent US corporate income tax experience. Experience with ASC 740 is required. Preference will be given to candidates with Big 4 or corporate experience
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to manage various tasks on tight deadlines
- Motivated self-starter, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot table and vlookup
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.