Sr. Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety
At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Would you like to work for a company that is purpose-driven and a recognized leader in corporate social responsibility (CSR)? The Sr. Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety, will drive Hasbro’s environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs, an integral part of the CSR program. This includes managing all aspects of the EHS programs at the four Rhode Island facilities and providing direction and guidance for the global EHS programs. This role reports to the Senior Director Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability.
At Hasbro, we play and entertain with purpose! We are using our business as a force for good and building a safer, more sustainable company and world for all. We are passionate about play, our people, and protecting our planet. We are proud to have been recognized for the last 10 consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and as one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, by CR Magazine!
A day in the life as a Senior Specialist, EHS:
- Contribute to the development, management and implementation of both local Rhode Island and global EHS strategies, policies, and programs at Hasbro facilities.
- Coordinate and conduct regulatory and voluntary EHS reporting and EHS training, including ergonomic assessments and fire drill and emergency evacuation training and plans.
- Responsible for maintaining all of Hasbro’s environmental permits and ensuring compliance with all permit condition
- Manage Hasbro’s waste management, reduction and recycling programs.
- Support Hasbro’s employee-led, safety teams.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in environmental, health and safety.
- Passion, energy, and commitment to health, safety and environmental practices.
- Degree in health and safety or a related field. Health and Safety certifications, a plus.
- Familiarity with EHS laws and regulations (e.g. RIDEM, EPA and OSHA).
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality, speed and flexibility for change.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across functions.
- Leadership skills that exhibit integrity, ownership, and a “can-do” attitude.
For more details about our CSR and Sustainability progress and recognition, please visit: http://newsroom.hasbro.com/static-files/dfcd27e5-29dc-416a-ab6a-83dbc82bac09.
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.