Sr Software Engineer
What you'll do...
There are lots of ways to build a better world - our tool is finances, and our platform is Spruce (links to sprucemoney.com).
We invite you to be a part of a new team working on fair, friendly, and progressive financial options for everyone. Spruce was conceived and developed within H&R Block and launches in early 2022. With Spruce, people can get better with their money, including spending and saving accounts, cash back, and more. We help our customers make their money go further so they can too.
As part of the team supporting Spruce, you will be able to develop your skills, build your career, and make measurable impact along the way. Our dynamic and growing team uses finances as a tool to help and inspire. Join us!
The entire business process is driven by data, by analytics to allow fast growth all around. This product is transformational for H&R Block and you can be a part of this exciting effort. When you join us, you’ll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology.
Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer…
- As a Software Engineer in Test you will Contribute to the development of a cutting-edge product in a quality-driven engineering culture.
- You will create test plans, write automated tests in Typescript - E2E, Smoke, Regression, Performance and other types of tests.
- Track quality gate metrics such as code coverage, code smells and flag issues to the team.
- Contribute in developing and evolving the Test Strategy.
- Be the intersection between engineering, product, and design.
- Implement and inspire a QA mindset within teams - be a proponent of “test early, test often” philosophy.
What you'll bring to the team...
- You have Full Stack QA experience with a strong background in Backend Test Automation, Cloud Native, BDD, Test Planning, and different types of testing.
- Experience using TypeScript and / or C#
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium / Appium
- Experience with different automation testing frameworks, preferably JS based, such as Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, Cucumber.js and Cypress.
- 3+ years experience in software test automation and quality assurance.
- Experience with CI/CD and Build pipelines.
- Experience with Cloud-native build/test/deploy of a platform (Azure).
- Experience with 3rd party integrations and integration testing.
- Excellent analytical skills: proven ability to look at a use case from several different angles
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactively gives suggestions to improve product and processes
- You think about quality as a cultural mindset rather than a functional task
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry
It would be even better if you also had...
- Expert knowledge of data stores, data warehousing and ETL processes
- Experience testing ADF pipelines
- Must have strong data/analytical skills
- Expert SQL knowledge and experience with creating sample test-data for data pipelines
About H&R Block...
We’re here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
#hrbjob #LI-SH1 #hrbfintech
WOTC Eligibility Check