Sr. Social Media Lead
ShopifyUnited States15 days ago
We are in search of a Senior Social Media Lead to join the Brand & Audience Expansion team. Our mission is to help Shopify reach new audiences and empower more entrepreneurs through channels like Twitter, Instagram, and more.
As Senior Social Media Lead, you will lead our social team, collaborate with peers on the Brand & Audience Expansion team, and work with stakeholders across the company on cross-platform campaigns. You’ll guide our social team through creating, iterating, and updating channel strategies and goals as social ecosystems continue to evolve. You’ll foster a healthy team environment for creative work while adding the right balance of structure and process to help your team operate effectively at scale. As a champion for the social media marketing craft, you’ll influence and inspire other social teams across the company to align on content strategy, adopt best practices, and share learnings.
- Refining and updating Shopify’s Social channel priorities, strategies and goals
- Leading and mentoring a growing a team of Social content creators; recruiting and training content creators, helping reports plan campaigns, and showing them how to measure success and identify blockers / dependencies
- Providing strategic recommendations to maximize engagement on company announcements and/or cross-platform campaigns
- Operationalizing day-to-day publishing across all platforms to match priorities and resourcing (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and/or other platforms)
- Using platform analytics to set goals, identify trends and optimize tactics
- Monitoring social trends, influencers and relevant news to identify opportunities to join the social conversation and grow visibility
- Overseeing and contributing to the creation of frameworks that can be leveraged to achieve high quality and consistency across Shopify’s social channels (e.g. voice & tone guidelines, social campaign intake processes)
- Aligning with and influencing stakeholders across the company, both on other Social teams (Shopify Partners, Plus etc) and on other Marketing teams (Product Marketing, PR etc)
- Experience developing social media strategies and growing loyal audiences; you’ve grown Twitter or Instagram accounts by 100,000+ followers or more and can explain how you did it
- Experience leading Marketing teams with 5 or more direct reports
- Experience working with stakeholders from other teams to implement Social or Marketing frameworks or processes
- Proven ability optimizing content for social media algorithms and analyzing channel analytics
- Ability to write and refine engaging social media copy
- Obsessed with social; you live on social platforms and enjoy staying up-to-date on breaking trends, memes, and viral content
- Strong visual eye with regard to the creation of graphics, selection of images, and creation of video for social publishing
- Comfortable embracing uncertainty and managing risk
In your cover letter or resume, it will be very helpful if you share content, campaigns, or channels that you grew organically as a leader and your social strategy and the impact.
Closing date: Monday, June 14th @ 11:59PM EDT
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.