Sr. Sales Manager
This sales position is responsible for driving revenue and profitability growth within their assigned channel of business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive profitable revenue growth by successfully selling against annual/season goals and increasing market share.
- Develop annual operating plan for larger accounts within channel to show path annual goal obtainment
- Negotiate annual trade spend with accounts, while working closely with sales finance to manage the internal P/L.
- Responsible for promotion planning and post promotion analysis.
- Develop, nurture, and build account relationships at all levels within assigned accounts.
- Work collaboratively with CPFR/Demand Planning to provide forecasts at the program, product, and SKU level.
- Analyze shopper insight data and develop strategy to apply shopper insights across channel
- Plan, develop & make fact-based sales presentations using category and market knowledge, account practices, and promotional strategies, turning them into executable solutions/opportunities.
- Manage and respond to customer concerns and problems
- Conduct and maintain detailed analysis of business trends in each account (market share, pricing, promotions, shopper insights)
- Works collaboratively with Platform marketing and the Customer Leadership Center to develop product and activation plans in line with Crayola’s and the Customer’s strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for development, in conjunction with cross functional partners, Go to Market strategy for assigned channel of business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years sales and account management experience within Consumer-Packaged Goods sales or category management
- Experience with a major CPG manufacturer in the areas of account management, category management, account P&L’s or analytics preferred
- Demonstrated experience and results with account penetration at higher management levels
- Fact based selling and strong negotiation skills
- Good strategic planning skills
- Ability to communicate consumer trends and formulate actionable customer programs using data
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- Moderately advanced computer skills within Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Week: 40 – 50 hours per week with up to 40% travel
- Kid Inspired Culture
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential for all Full-Time Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for Eligible Employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and services – automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Diversity & Inclusion at Crayola
We will cultivate diversity and create a culture of inclusion for our collective brands – one that grows through sustained action, demonstrates care for every life experience, inspires new products and content, and builds a sense of belonging in which every employee is able to be their very best. Learn more about Crayola’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy: https://www.crayola.com/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.aspx
Green is our favorite color!
Crayola cares about the environment and responsibly makes the products you love. Learn more about Crayola’s creative solutions for greener tomorrows: https://www.crayola.com/about-us/sustainability.aspx
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the potential for advancement through the use of creative abilities. No phone calls please.
Search Firm Representatives - Please Read Carefully:
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crayola LLC via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Crayola LLC in any form without valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Crayola LLC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crayola LLC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Crayola LLC, and we value the partnerships we have built with our vendors. For this reason, Crayola LLC has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by Human Resources at Crayola LLC in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)