We are building a holistic go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the Recruiting Engine product suite of hiring tools, alongside our product domain leaders, in an effort to provide customers with innovative ways to recruit and hire bar-raising, diverse talent for Amazon. We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about working backwards to understand user needs to ensure that acquisition of talent is never a barrier for Amazon to invent on behalf of customers. Successful candidates will be excited about building innovative marketing experiences, passionate about experimenting and learning, and view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional experience. You will get to work on a new team within a rapidly growing business and have a big impact every day.
Key job responsibilities
- Think big about the needs of our customers, obsess over our customer experience and help build an intuitive product ecosystem that will delight our customers
- Pilot and build new marketing programs to deliver on adoption targets for the business by partnering with UX Research to source data to inform marketing and adoption plans
- Translate product roadmap, features, and use cases into audience-specific benefits messaging and compelling content to evangelize the product and drive engagement and adoption
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on product enhancements and future product direction, closing the feedback loop from users to product owners
- Understand at deep level adoption challenges and help incorporate learnings for future builds/releases
- Build key programs and campaigns, partnering with your stakeholders to increase awareness, adoption, and demand
- Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences
- Craft and develop compelling audience and initiative specific messages and tools (product videos, collateral specific to different audiences or campaigns, demos, presentations, how to guides, etc.)
- Create buy-in for the product vision with key stakeholders by starting from the ideal customer experience
- Approach complex business problems, aligning divergent stakeholder teams to a common plan
- Navigate partner teams in Amazon and identify opportunities for partnership to create better customer experience
- Manage complexity and resources by systematically prioritizing multiple streams of work
- Develop an overall marketing roadmap and plan for measuring impact
A day in the life
In a typical day as the Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will wear multiple hats and partner with multiple teams across Amazon. You will have the opportunity to define and drive the marketing strategy for a rapidly growing product organization that is helping customers hire the right people to the right roles at the right time. You will create the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions and build the right marketing programs to drive customer engagement and adoption. You will also work with the engineering teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. Above all, you are a customer-obsessed owner who can operate with empathy for others while driving influence in an ambiguous environment.
The Recruiting Engine team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Seattle, WA, USA
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience leading go-to-market for consumer software or hardware product launches
- Experience prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using any of SQL or other analytical tools for conducting data analysis
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Experience communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $114,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,600/year in our highest geographic market.
Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company.
Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.