Sr. Operations Manager
The position defines the technical experience vision for the Wholesale partner to align with overarching business objectives. Apply understanding of a wholesale provisioning and billing platform that serves a critical portion of the business to contribute to planning for scalability, sustainability, and future development of systems and solutions. Responsible for identifying systematic opportunities to improve wholesale partners experience and reduce the administrative time spent within core systems and applications, initiating and leading cross-functional projects to drive continuous improvement and creating an experience within systems that gets the business development team leveraging more single sources of truth in how we use and manage data. Interact with departmental leadership teams and act as a liaison between cross-functional technical and Wholesale Partner in support of system requirements, design strategies, and successful implementations from concept through launch, and ongoing production support. The candidate should have a keen eye for detail and be self-motivated working with little supervision to meet tight deadlines This position is the business owner of the invoicing process and contractual compliance.
Drives the connection of strategy to best in class operational excellence. Aligns stakeholders and initiatives across the business, promotes reusable design, challenges the status quo, frames decisions, negotiates good outcomes and does what it takes to execute on the line of business strategy. Plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile’s Wholesale line of business day to day operations by applying expertise in strategic analysis, business architecture, functional, technical and organizational interdependencies.
The Senior Operations Manager is a key leader and owner of operational functional areas as part of the day to day execution of Wholesale commercial Agreements and key to delivering a best in class customer and end user experience. Develop and deliver an exceptional Wholesale system experience in support of business strategy by applying deep subject matter expertise of systems and platforms to execute on program and/or system level initiatives. Apply understanding of a specific technical platform that serves a critical portion of the business to contribute to planning for scalability, sustainability, and future development of systems and solutions. Own and drive cross functional issue resolution and critical problem management efforts impacting multiple lines of business and applications. Serve as a functional lead for specific and operational areas; this role is ultimately responsible for planning and preparation for any change that impacts the system experience, composite service, and operational efficiencies. Interact with departmental leadership teams and act as a liaison between cross-functional technical and Frontline organizations in support of system requirements, design strategies, and successful implementations from concept through launch, and ongoing production support.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in telecommunications and/or wholesale business model and Invoicing principles, network provisioning and usage architecture, incident/problem/change management expertise, requirements definition, business and technical acumen, customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, decision-making, communication skills, teamwork, negotiation, and relationship building & influencing.
What you’ll do in your role.
- Acts as Innovation Evangelist. Demonstrates ability to be a thought leader in wholesale processes and scaling of new and useful ideas. Optimizes separate technologies and assets to optimize the flow of products and services through entire wholesale business.
- Captures the tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance. Provide data-driven insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and standardized business metrics. Manage dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
- Enables consistent definition and composition of scope by domain process, experience or capability.
- Applies and uses business modeling methods to ensure results-oriented deliverables that can be leveraged and reused as a resource available to the Wholesale business unit. Develops business architecture artifacts including process documentation, business requirements, and roadmaps for the wholesale billing experience.
- Communicates complex provisioning, billing and overall wholesale architecture concepts and processes in a straightforward way that demonstrates practical application and value to both business and Wholesale partner. Ensures that documentation is collected, categorized and available to the team for reuse as appropriate in different projects.
- Leads moderate to complex initiatives. Organize, conduct and facilitate cross functional team meetings.
- Collaboratively defines and drives a cross-functional experience for Wholesale Partners. Works with other product managers and management to identify and address cross-project dependences. as well as support back-office teams Ops forum across Biz Dev with contractual obligations
- Monitor, report and present operational performance as it relates to service objectives for assigned MVNO Partners. Develop Key Performance indicators for specific accounts to proactively identify issues.
- Partner with the Product development team to identify service or performance gap contributing to poor performance or/and to improve performance of the relationship.
- Presents executive summaries of account health to Senior level leaders within the corporate environment.
- Partners with product and technical teams for system and network updates/changes
The experience you’ll bring.
- 2-4 Years: Prior Experience Working In Wholesale/TFB
- Invoicing: Understands The Wholesale Invoicing Process And Business Model
- SQL: Proficient In SQL And Power BI.
- Power BI: Proficient In SQL And Power BI.
- Presentations: Expertise And Proven Confidence Presenting To Sr. Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ Years Of Experience In As A Business Owner Or Product Owner Role
- 2-4 Years: IT Or Engineering Knowledge and/or Experience As It Pertains To Service Provisioning And Usage Generation.
- Business Process: Expert Understanding Of Business Process And System Process Within Telecom Multiple Knowledge Areas
- Communication: The Ability To Articulate The Relationship Between Customer Experience And Business Results
- Applications: Experience With Application Support
- Cross Functional Relationships: Proven Track Record Of Strong Cross Functional Skills And Experience To Bridge The Gap Between Technology And Business Operations To Enable Organizations To Make Effective Decisions
- MS Office Suite: Proficient In MS Office – Specifically Excel, Word, Power Point
- Leadership: An Individual Who Is Highly Visible And Has Strong Leadership Qualities With Excellent Ability To Prioritize, Plan, And Direct The Department.
- Finance: Detail Oriented With An Accounting Or Finance Background
- Product Knowledge: IT Or Engineering Knowledge and/or Experience As It Pertains To Service Provisioning And Usage Generation.
- Project Management: Ability To Manage Multiple Projects Concurrently
- Info Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification in methodologies including ITIL, Six Sigma, Agile, etc. Pref
- Six Sigma – Champion Leadership Certification in methodologies including ITIL, Six Sigma, Agile, etc. Pref
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.