Sr Operations Manager
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer!
The Microbiology Division provides solutions and workflow for food, clinical, and pharmaceutical environments. The markets we serve include food manufactures and labs, clinical and healthcare, pharma, and biotech. We manufacture culture media and other microbiological diagnostic products serving customers in the pharmaceutical, food, and clinical laboratories
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Operations Manager/Value Stream Manager coordinates manufacturing activities and leads employees in the value stream. This position is accountable for meeting EHS, quality, production, and financial targets and establishing operational objectives to meet short- and long-term business goals. You will develop and implement strategic and tactical activities to sustain strong business performance and a positive work environment. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate and drive shifts in focus and priorities to maintain excellent performance are required.
What will you do?
- Apply Leader Standard Work to focus on Lean Management and visual controls to monitor actual versus expected. Ensure visual management tracks, monitors, and analyzes production performance indicators, establishes triggers, and ensures sustainable corrective actions are in place to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate proactively with your team, internal customers, and peers to drive continuous improvement initiatives. Effectively use resources to increase operational efficiency.
- Establish and sustain strong accountability and data-driven decision-making culture. Develop employees and maintain an organizational structure and philosophy which empowers the individual.
- Lead and promote process improvement initiatives to drive strong safety performance, product quality, finance, and process efficiency.
- Manage compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Standard Work, and Device History Records (DHRs) to ensure consistent and reliable processes and procedures that align with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/ Quality System Regulation (QSR) guidelines, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Build and maintain a safe work environment by engaging associates in reporting potential safety hazards, supporting the EH&S guidelines, and emphasizing safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S, and implement and communicate changes.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Microbiology, Biology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years in manufacturing leadership and ability to work with individuals at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Experience in a make-to-order business model.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Proven Experience with people leadership and Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices.
- Experience working in aseptic and sterile dispensing environments.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR, and ISO.
What we offer?
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Annual merit performance-based increase
- Excellent Benefits! · Review our company’s Total Rewards
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits-effective Day 1
- Paid Time Off (120 hours per year) + Designated Paid Holidays
- 401K Company Match up to 6%
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible after 90 days!
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update for U.S. & Canada Colleagues
- All U.S. colleagues are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. New hires will be asked to disclose their vaccination status upon the first day of employment.
- U.S. new hires (including those in Field Sales, Field Services and Customer Support - Technical Applications) may be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including boosters, based on the customer or client sites they visit and support. Individuals may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing.
- U.S. and Canada new hires in Clinical Research who are in the following job categories must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment or request an accommodation: executive director level and above, client-facing commercial, clinical research associates (CRAs), Assistant CRA (ACRAs), all CRA and ACRA line managers, clinic-based staff in early development services and accelerated enrollment solutions, and FSP within analytical services division roles.
- Canada new hires (including those in Field Sales, Field Services, and Customer Support Technical Applications) may be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including boosters, based on the customer or client sites they visit and support. Individuals may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. New hires in Field Sales, Field Services, and Customer Support Technical Applications will be asked to disclose their vaccination status upon the first day of employment.