Sr. Manager Strategy and Operations
TwitterSan Francisco, CA - Seattle, WA - Remote US10d ago
Who we are:
At Twitter, Strategy & Operations (S&O) is a high impact, high visibility team whose mission is to drive strategic alignment and operational improvements across the company. We partner with engineering, product, design & research leadership to promote strategic decision-making and efficient execution of our strategy in order to deliver on Twitter’s purpose to serve the public conversation.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, reporting to the S&O Director for Twitter Platform, you will drive operational programs, establish best practices and standardization in order to shape the strategic direction of the Platform organization and help deliver results through execution of our top Company Objectives. The role will frequently involve working directly with the Head of Platform and the senior leadership team.
- Support Platform engineering leadership by keeping the rhythm of execution humming and removing any obstacles that may arise along the way
- Orchestrate the overall strategic planning process for Platform Engineering and Product teams, including product roadmaps, goal setting, and portfolio planning
- Build a successful and healthy team: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Represents the Platform team as key liaison in coordinating with other internal planning functions (e.g. Finance, HR, etc.)
- Develops content and drives communication across other pillars and rest of the company, communicating regular product updates, key results, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Twitter executive team and the Board
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations
- Bring key insights and trusted independent advice.
Who You Are:
- Experience working closely with senior executives, a high level of business acumen and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and organizations.
- Confident in conversations primarily with engineering and product management but also with infrastructure, design and research, GTM and executive teams.
- Problem solver and strategic thinker who is comfortable using frameworks and data to help structure the team's thinking and solve multi-faceted problems.
- Extensive experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives, adept at leading cross-functional teams to make strategic decisions and execute.
- Experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with VP & C-Suite level on a regular basis.
- BA/BS degree or MBA
- 10-15 years of experience preferably with 5+ business strategy/planning/COO office at a consumer tech company.
- A strong analytical mindset, a proven track record of distilling data, and an ability to identify trends and provide business insights
- Lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization, as well as, being a trusted advisor to leadership
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and in driving influence and clarity in highly matrixed organizations
- Experience working directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.