Sr. Manager, Strategy and Internal Events
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Global Brand Experience (GBX) team brings Snap brands to life, while reinforcing what we stand for as a company — real friendship, free and authentic expression, human-centered design, and a playful irreverence. The team does this globally through in-person and virtual experiences for our employees, potential employees, and business partners. The GBX team’s mission is to educate our broader community on Snap’s brands by creating opportunities to connect with them on a more emotional level. They look for extraordinary and diverse talent who learn quickly, take big risks, and relish in surprising and delighting our community.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Strategy + Internal Events to join the Global Brand Experience team at Snap Inc! A critical role on the team that combines strategic thinking and event production, this person will help drive the team’s overarching mission as well as oversee all aspects of internal meetings and events - from recruiting, to DEI, and employee engagement. Working from our Los Angeles office, this person will manage the conception, planning and execution of activations as well as collaborate with a wide-array of internal teams as well as external partners to produce client-facing events, projects and experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an annual event approach for the Global Brand Experience Internal, Recruiting and DEI teams reflective of key business priorities and brand pillars
- Assist in development of GBX team strategy and operations
Lead Snap’s presence inclusive of both in-person and virtual experiences:
- Internal Team Member programming (employee summer, holiday, and gifting experiences)
- Recruiting and DEI initiatives (NSBE, Lesbians Who Tech, CVPR, Grace Hopper, DEI Innovation summit)
- ERG groups
- Onboarding experience for new team members
- Think outside of the box to bring Snapchat to life, spark interest and creativity
- Develop and manage comprehensive project timelines and budgets to support all initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, driving projects across teams and time zones, and managing vendors including executive stakeholders (Global Sales, People, Content, Partnerships, Camera Platform, Snap Kit, Business Marketing, Philanthropy, Communications, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Office of the CEO)
- Oversee the development and execution of individual event plans to create fully interactive and scalable event experiences while driving OKRs and partner goals
- Aid in the development of RFP requests and responses
- Manage existing and seek new relationships with venues, vendors, and production agencies
- Build and empower a team to ensure flawless execution; provide guidance and mentorship as needed
- Embody Snap’s core values: smart, kind & creative
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong work ethic and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Superior interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle ambiguity, in a complex project environment
- Fluent in Google Applications, Apple Applications, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Analytical and creative mindset
- Extremely detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills and understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance, and to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years of high-performance work experience, including experience with event planning
- Experience managing teams
- Experience in the creative, tech or media industries
- Experience in managing company-wide global initiatives
- Fluent in other languages
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!