The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Manager, Software Quality
- Job Summary: This role is a key quality leader and customer advocate with responsibilities spanning across all aspects of quality assurance related to digital product development at The Pokémon Company International (TPCi). The role is responsible for contributing to and delivering on the long-term strategy for the Software Quality department. The Software Quality department supports production teams for major websites, back-end services, platform and infrastructure, and mobile applications developed for TPCi. This role works with team members and other stakeholders ensuring quality products, enabling the organization to provide experiences that delight our customers.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Serve as a leader across the Software Quality department, including mentorship and development responsibilities for members of the team.
- Improve the efficiency of the software quality organization through effective leadership, identification of individual and group training, and overall people development.
- Deliver risk mitigation through proactive long-term strategic planning for the department.
- Provide insights and define the criteria for reporting through collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends allowing the team to measure and report on quality across multiple project teams.
- Define and evangelize quality metrics and software development lifecycle improvements to support the Software Quality department’s work across the Technology Organization.
- Identify, develop, and sustain partnerships, both within the Technology Organization, as well as with other organizations at TPCi.
- Educate partners on best practices, quality metrics, and influence implementation and design for quality across all TPCi digital products.
What you’ll bring
- Ten+ (10+) years of relevant professional experience, plus two (2) years of management experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and resourceful.
- Extensive experience in leading and mentoring software test engineers and software development engineers in test.
- Experience operating within an agile development environment, preferably SCRUM.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and presenting multiple solutions to key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage and direct resources and projects that require all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, regression, performance, and scalability testing.
- Demonstrated experience communicating both technical and non-technical information across teams and departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $170,000.00 - $201,400.00. The full range is $170,000.00 - $254,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE/MX Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.