Sr Manager - Software Engineering
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
What We'll Bring:
Manages a team of software engineers responsible for the architecture, design, code, testing and support of high-availability, client-facing Listings Management software solutions provided by Neustar, a TransUnion Company.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of software development and/or full-stack engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in an Engineering Management role
- Highly proficient with programming in C# for Visual Studio.NET
- Highly proficient in working in a Windows environment/Visual Studio or similar
- Experience with .NET Framework, Entity Framework, ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web API)
- Experience leading a team utilizing Agile methodologies
- Robust experience with CI/CD best practices and technologies such as git, jenkins, terraform and ansible for Windows
- Ability to translate product requirements and business logic into code
- Familiarity of, and experience with AWS
- Understanding of principles of IAM policies
- Understanding of Google Cloud Platform as a provider of computing resources for developing, deploying, and operating applications on the web
- Understanding of micro-service principles and immutable architecture
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and lead large and complex initiatives
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and the drive for creating something new and valuable to customers
- Demonstrated ability to build incrementally and to deliver quickly
- Experience with successfully building and cultivating a team of high-performing engineers
- Understanding of the value and importance of providing career development and performance management to direct reports
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Stays current with evolving technologies and effectively educates leadership on trends and opportunities
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Conduct project and issue management for assigned scope of work.
Make decisions that impact the team independently and through regular communication with management.
Coach, mentor, and give constructive feedback to help engineers develop and grow their skills
Adhere to the strategic direction set forth by Engineering Management and Product Owners.
Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments, while ensuring that the releases meet Product Requirements and User Story specifications
Impact You'll Make:
- Serve as the Engineering Lead/Manager for the Localeze and Managed Directory Listings Engineering team , focused on talent management and continuous improvements
- Lead the technical direction of the platforms and services in all areas of strategy, architecture, solutions and governance
- Lead the development of new, and improve existing, products, processes and methodologies
- Support internal stakeholders and external clients to provide the highest value to our customers
- Manage and mentor the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.