Sr. Manager, Software Development
We are currently hiring a Sr. Manager, Software Development in Boston, MA.
The Business Systems Team is part of the Application Development organization at the Boston Beer Company and is responsible for developing technology solutions that enable the Sales, Brand and Merchandising teams to generate demand for Boston Beer products and to facilitate selling of products to our customers (Truly, Twisted Tea, Angry Orchard and more). We are responsible for some of the critical software solutions at Boston Beer Company that our customers interact with daily, that market our products, that create revenue from Point of Sale and eCommerce events, and that manage product pricing and promotions.
As Sr. Manager, Software Development, you will be responsible for architecture, development, implementation, and maintenance of Boston Beer Company’s software systems. This includes working with users to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions that leverage innovative technology to meet the needs of the business, ensuring continuous systems operations, responding to user issues and requests, and delivering IT enabled, new business capabilities to drive Boston Beer’s growth.
What You'll Brew:
- Create a collaborative team environment with business function stakeholders, business process leads, IT Operations, and other teams across Boston Beer
- Take a lead role in design, development, and implementation of technology solutions to drive revenue, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction in support of Boston Beer’s goals
- Align with business function stakeholders and IT Business partners to prioritize technical and functional innovation in line with business and IT product roadmaps, including Mulesoft and Salesforce platforms
- Lead and development of the Business Systems Team application strategy and roadmap, and ensure integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans
- Establish Agile methodologies and processes for the Business Systems team, estimating work, enabling sprint/release planning, managing burn down, and communicating deliveries with business stakeholders
- Optimize our CI/CD development pipelines leveraging Azure DevOps best practices
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration of both with the existing IT environment, to meet those needs and responds with agility to changing business priorities.
- Leads a team of software developers and business systems analysts to build necessary technical skills, create career development plans and continue to enhance a highly performing development team
- Manages vendor relationships for the Business Systems team, review MSA agreements and SOWs, and approves invoices and purchase orders, as appropriate
- Provides oversight for application deployments across all business environments within the Boston Beer Company including packaged and in house developed solutions, in house hosted, externally hosted and cloud-based solutions
What Ingredients You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in software developer, or software development manager role working across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software development team management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field, or the equivalent relevant experience
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC) and Model View View-model (MVVM)
- Salesforce and Mulesoft Development strongly preferred
- Application and Integration architecture and development experience
- Database and SQL architecture and design
- Passion for solving business problems with technology, and the ability to work closely with team members across IT and other Boston Beer functional teams
- REST API and JSON a plus
- Technical skills: .Net/C#, ASP.net, SQL server 2012+, SSIS
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, full time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & Wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.