Sr. Manager Social Sustainability
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your apparel and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
As a Senior Manager of Sustainability, you will be part of the team that builds programs that address opportunities that will establish Target as an industry leader that goes beyond compliance to address key challenges relating to social and environmental issues. You will be responsible for designing, planning and implementing strategies to measure the impact of Responsible Sourcing & Sustainability strategic initiatives related to the well-being of workers in supply chains. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to develop tools to assist in the evaluation and analysis of social impact across the manufacturing supply chain. You will work closely with the Sustainability, Business Integration, and Oversight and Remediation teams to proactively provide insights to the organization to drive data informed updates to Target’s policies and goals. As part of a global team you will build relationships both internally and externally to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.
- Design, plan and implement initiatives with broad scope using established project management principals
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good within social sustainability
- Provide proactive insights on supply chain worker well-being to the organization to drive updates to Target’s policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives related to worker well-being supply chain initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- 5-10 years of experience
- 4 year degree
- Expert knowledge of global labour or health & safety
- Well versed in social well-being initiatives within the industry (ex. gender equity, wages, WASH, future of work)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro social well-being trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
- Ability to work in a global environment
- RS and/or policy/advocacy experience a plus
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is ($85,400-153,700). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.