Sr. Manager, Programs & Employee Engagement
Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
This role will lead our employee programs, scaling manager development, partnering on performance management and onboarding processes, and implementing new programs to support Virta’s growth. In this role, you’ll be equal parts program manager, learning experience designer, facilitator, and coach as you own the employee experience. You’ll identify needs and create content to align stakeholders, facilitating and delivering content and iterating at scale - in a remote-first, hybrid environment!
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Collaborate with Virta’s leaders to identify needs then rapidly develop and deliver engaging, creative, and impactful programs, workshops and presentations to align and improve individual and organizational performance and development
- Manage complex workflows, planning and coordinating cross-functionally and integrating diversity of perspectives into design and delivery
- Lead DEI and change initiatives and solicit and secure stakeholder support across HR as well as with HR’s business partners and customers
- Own and develop program reporting, dashboards and administration, resource management, stakeholder management, and communications
- Use data to propose programmatic improvements, drive implementation and validate return on investment
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Meet the team and understand the needs and communication styles across Virta.
- Facilitate instructor-led workshop(s) for goal setting as part of the annual performance management process.
- Develop a new manager (emerging leaders) program and deliver to the initial (15-30) member cohort.
- 5+ years experience building and implementing Learning & Development Programming in a startup tech company with rapid content development and facilitation experience
- Experience creating and managing programs in people experience, with a focus on manager and leadership development
- Understanding of “Remote / Virtual” training principles, tools, and best practices
- Experience pulling and creating analytical/deep dive reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, comfortable with high volume workload and willing to "roll up your sleeves”
- Proficiency with Google G-Suite
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is $163,000 - $185,000. Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.