Sr. Manager, Internal Communications
San Francisco, CA
The Senior Manager, Internal Communications will lead employee and executive communication for tech and engineering. This person will work with Uber executives to shape and communicate the tech/engineering strategy to Uber employees across the company.
- Build relationships with engineering executives and their leadership teams to partner on their communications to their teams and the rest of Uber.
- Work with Uber executives to shape and communicate the tech/engineering strategy to employees across the company.
- Distill complex topics into compelling messages, build and manage creative campaigns, and design crisp presentations and written content.
- 10+ years of communications experience
- Experience in managing complex global internal communication programs in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proven ability to manage and translate complex business issues into compelling and clear messages.
- Strong stakeholder management skills: proven ability to persuade, influence and respond to senior leaders and stakeholders; you are a confident and fact-based advisor to senior management who can balance multiple strategic directions and priorities.
- High-quality copywriting, speech writing, presentation planning and delivery skills.
- Drive communication activities to support transformation, change management and culture initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: nonverbal and verbal, informing, presenting, engaging, convincing, aligning, advising senior executives.
- Experience in PR/communications ideally in a consumer technology company.
- Communications experience at a publicly-traded company.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $180,000 per year - $200,000 per year.
For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $162,000 per year - $180,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.