Sr. Manager, Inside Sales
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips*. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
*Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
You will lead a team of 10-12 inside sales representatives to support and grow our Healthcare portfolio, through both direct sales and indirect sales. The inside sales team is responsible for Opportunity Generation, Advancement, and overall Sales / Support to grow the funnel and shorten the sales cycle for a better customer experience through enhancing the efficiency of the sales process.
You are responsible for:
- Direct supervision, coaching, and evaluation of all functions of the inside sales team
- Ultimate responsibility for specific Inside Sales Team Metrics
- With Leadership direction, set the ambition/goals for the Inside Sales function based on overall business objectives
- Establishing clear expectations, measuring results, and holding team accountable for performance
- Conduct and evaluate call audits to learn areas of opportunity to improve (review against call criteria); to coach and support with additional training and reinforcement of expectations
- Creating an environment of continuous improvement to develop a high-performance team
- All aspects of Inside Sales management including hiring, on-boarding, development, balanced resources, performance management, performance management and replacement
- Training, evaluating, coaching, developing, and determining the right make-up of personnel to support the needs of the greater sales organization
- Monitoring activity via metrics and dashboards to drive a high level of sales performance from the inside team
- Deliver metrics so that next level management can act as the liaison with leadership to ensure a culture of teamwork and collaboration between the Field Sales, Inside Sales, and Business Units
- Creating and maintaining a positive and engaged team atmosphere
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of sales experience
- 3+ years of Inside Sales, hands on experience
- Experience managing sales teams or inside sales teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including TEAMS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods, and techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills; ability to effectively communicate with the team regarding expectations
- Effective organization including proper problem-solving and follow-up
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
No Sponsorship offered:
"US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa."
“Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory”
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran