Sr. Manager, Global Accounts Payable
The Senior Manager, Global Accounts Payable, will be responsible for the strategic as well as day-to-day operations of the Global PTP Accounting function at BioCryst, including development and execution of accounting PTP processes and handling relationships with internal customers. You will oversee the accounts payable function of the accounting department. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of accounts payable transactions and for providing financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate recording and payment. Responsible for the processing of vendor invoices for payment, managing payment runs and reconciling general ledger accounts while supervising a staff of accounts payable personnel. Candidate will also manage and administer company-wide T&E process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and coach a team of 3-4 global employees. Responsible for advising and the development of a geographically distributed team
- Oversee and review the processing of invoices prior to payment for proper support and approvals, discrepancies, and appropriate coding
- Prepare weekly payment runs adhering to department policies and practices
- Understand and enforce the established internal controls and segregation of duties
- Provides audit support including input and commentary
- Ensures proper internal controls are implemented and adhered to, including ensuring all payments are properly authorized
- Manage the P-Card program and related administrative duties
- Manage the Concur team that reviews and processes employee expense reimbursements
- Review aging reports to ascertain status of aged items and resolution
- Responsible for year-end 1099 reporting
- Manage annual CMS reporting to comply with Sunshine Act
- Proposes and tracks Key Performance Indicators to monitor team’s performance and drive continuous improvement
- Plays a lead role in month end financial close activities and coordinates the day-to-day Accounts Payable activities (Invoice processing, Payments, GRIR, Indirect procurement process, etc.) Work with various Accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate month end close process including reporting to various stakeholders.
- Review and approve related account reconciliations and journal entries
- Provides instructional guidance to internal customers and works with functional department leaders to ensure process efficiencies and effectiveness, consistency, and issue resolution
- Builds productive customer relationships with all key partners / customers of AP to promote and deliver an elevated level of proactive service and high degree of customer satisfaction
- Develop, implement, and handle existing and new processes within the PTP function; responsible for the process improvements to improve effectiveness. Develops and maintains documentation for these processes and systems.
- Provides cross-functional coordination and subject matter expertise for the PTP function with IT for the development, testing and implementation of projects to ensure effectiveness and proper adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for standard process research, recommendations, and implementation of processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work in a team setting with employees, managers, and third parties
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressively responsible accounts payables experience in large, complex organizations
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience with a team of reports, with experience leading a team in multiple geographies
- Must have hands on and roll up your sleeves management style
- Demonstrated ability to lead, challenge and positively influence a distributed team, including coaching/staff development and management in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships beyond the finance team, as well as ability to effectively manage the needs of multiple partner groups
- Strong understanding of accounting procedures and ERP systems (Oracle) pertaining to area of responsibility
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and some experience with local statutory requirements in EU and APAC as nice to have
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and to establish and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing T&E process
- Experience working in Oracle Fusion and Concur
- Biotech/ pharma industry experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The manager may assign additional responsibilities and assignments from time to time.
BioCryst is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veterans status, disability and/or other protected class characteristics. Additionally, BioCryst is committed to achieving its business objectives in compliance with all federal, state and local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.