Sr. Manager, Engagement and Inclusion
With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and increase revenue.
The Sr. Manager, Engagement and Inclusion will create strategies and programs that strengthen the OpenTable| KAYAK employee experience to attract and retain diverse top talent. Partnering directly with Senior Leadership and People teams, this role will set the standard on how we deliver a highly engaged, collaborative, and committed workforce while integrating inclusion across company culture and practices.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate across P&C and with business partners to identify needs to build, manage, and facilitate scalable initiatives that maintain high engagement, increase sense of belonging, and improve ease of collaboration
- Support annual Have Your Say Survey and pulses, action planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Implement an HR communication approach that supports the engagement strategy, creates an HR communications brand, and delivers communications and assets for the CPO and the broader People & Culture Team
- Partner with P&C and Internal Communications to Implement BHI-led CSR initiatives across the organization
- Evolve volunteerism program to improve connection between employees and the OpenTable and KAYAK missions, and grow external brand recognition (e.g. Do Good and volunteer time off)
- Drive employment brand strategy to boost brand recognition that differentiates both brands from their competitors and increases talent attraction
- Build external ‘best place to work’ recognition program to boost brand recognition that differentiates OK from competitors and increases talent attraction and employee brand pride
- Research, develop, recommend, and implement creative, custom strategies to foster and reinforce OpenTable’s and KAYAK’s diversity and inclusion goals
- Partner with internal collaborators to embed inclusion across all people practices
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to create and implement recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Develop and manage programs and forums to strengthen D&I proficiency across the teams and at all levels
- Maintain knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and standard processes
- Act as consultant to the business for internal and external D&I messaging (eg Internal Communications, Marketing, People & Culture, etc.)
- Lead ERG program, ensuring a self-sustaining model with capability to support the BHI and OK D&I strategy and objectives
- Serve as a trusted advisor and coach for the ERG leaders (incl. co-chairs and executive sponsors) and members
- Manage ERG budgets and facilitate annual planning process; develop and enhance metrics that measure ERG impact
Please apply if:
- Passion for people and culture - desire to create a world-class experience
- 5+ years experience across all mediums of employee experience, including employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, internal and external communications/public relations, and community engagement
- Ability to lead and grow/develop volunteer employees, along with influence and connect with executive leaders
- In-person and virtual event management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; fun, professional, proactive, friendly demeanor; desire to assist others and face challenges head on
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Project management skills and proficiency with Google apps and Microsoft
A few of the benefits at OpenTable:
- Work from (almost) anywhere
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth & paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on career growth, with access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
- Enriched learning and development opportunities along with leadership development
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $120,000-150,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.