Sr Manager, Effective Store Solutions
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Sr. Manager of Effective Store Solutions is responsible for improving the execution, effectiveness, and consistency of retail store operational best practices and initiatives. This position will evaluate and improve processes using engineering methods and principles.
The role will further support the achievement of profitable sales growth by identifying, communicating, recommending, and influencing/leading solutions related to stores consumer experience, workload planning, labor management, operational expenditures, continuous improvement efforts, and evaluating potential vendors and systems. The role will represent the Store Operations Team on key process and systems decisions affecting the store fleet.
- Identify, propose, and support the development of store initiatives and strategies to improve store productivity and customer service.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and development of store operations and processes through simplification and optimization.
- Participate in the selection, development, and implementation of new tools and processes to improve our US Retail business including but not limited to workforce management, workload planning, and customer service.
- Support process execution in-stores to manage retail compliance standards across markets to contribute to the Retail Operating Center (ROC) operations strategy and ensure deployment and execution across US Retail.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analytics to processes (i.e., ROI, monetary and labor savings, cause and effect, etc.)
- Build relationships with key field leaders (e.g., Regional Managers), Department Heads, vendors, and any applicable business partners.
- Collaborate with resources across business functions and manage interdependencies and requirements to effectively deliver process improvement solutions.
- Write and update best practice documents so they are easily understood and executed by field and corporate personnel.
- Lead a culture of sharing and adopting best practices among global retail market.
- Develop, evaluate, document, and improve operations methods to work area design, process flow and work methods.
- Broader Retail Operations Team
- Fleet Leadership
- Retail Planning
- FO and CS Buying Teams
- Vendor Relationships
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and demonstrate proficiency of engineering principles.
- Strong decision making, negotiation, and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop and implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow; breaks work into process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks and knows what to measure and how to measure it; can simplify complex processes.
- Ability to quantify cost or savings on each micro part of a process and roll up for a big picture summary.
- Ability to collect information and data, define problems, evaluate processes, and establish logical, efficient processes to streamline business processes.
- Ability to evaluate results and measure performance against goals.
- Capable of working independently under little guidance on several projects simultaneously.
- Sound business acumen, including familiarity with financial reporting and measurements.
- Able to demonstrate managerial courage and is comfortable with senior leadership.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Access, Project, and Visio.
- Ability to lead a single or multiple direct reports.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in a Process Improvement/Industrial Engineering role. Retail industry preferred.
- Experience managing people preferred; desired experience at a Senior Industrial Engineer or Senior Manager level or higher for 2 or more years.
- Store operations experience is preferred.
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time within North America
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE’S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE: THIS IS HOW WE WIN WHILE PLAYING FAIR.
- COURAGE: Speak up when you see an opportunity; step up when you see a need..
- OWNERSHIP: Pick up the ball. Be proactive, take responsibility and follow-through.
- INNOVATION: Elevate to win. Be curious, test and learn new and better ways of doing things.
- TEAMPLAY: Win together. Work collaboratively and cultivate a shared mindset.
- INTEGRITY: Play by the rules. Hold yourself and others accountable to our company’s standards.
- RESPECT: Value all players. Display empathy, be inclusive and show dignity to all.