Sr. Manager Creative Content Writer
The Senior Manager of Creative Content - Writer will lead Brand Design in the creation of content (copy and concept) for all mediums, work with other Brand Design Managers, lead all copywriting duties and report to the Creative Director of Brand Design. This role will primarily be responsible for conceptualization and execution of content (copy) projects ranging from .com to video to radio to retail. Will work hand in hand with ecommerce business on the website as well as creative efforts (both digital and non-digital) to deliver consumers to the website and mobile website. Will also work with Carhartt retail teams as well as retail partners.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Coach, mentor and develop copywriters. Participate in the development and knowledge sharing of freelance and junior designers. .
- Lead projects for creative, strategy, copy and production of all content initiatives.
- Lead writer on Carhartt.com and Carhartt Retail
- Be a pioneer, resource, and executer of ideas as it relates to all communications for the brand for the following: carhartt.com, Carhartt mobile, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Crafted in Carhartt blog, and other web applications
- Brainstorm with product, Brand Design and .com teams, on any/all Carhartt creative initiatives. Aid project team in development and implementation of high-quality materials.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Creative Services Supervisor to understand project needs and translate this into copy, concepts and content.
- Direct photo and video shoots as needed.
- Stay updated on advertising, copywriting, graphic design and digital trends.
- Attend project meetings and contribute to setting creative strategy that maintains Carhartt Brand Standards and Guidelines.
- Present conceptual ideas amongst other designers, Project Managers and Marketing Management Team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Communication or Related Field
Required Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years of advertising and copywriting experience; 5+ years of experience in design programs including: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) on the Macintosh platform.
- 3+ years of leadership or project oversight experience in a collaborative design environment.
- Ability to address content challenges as they relate to video, digital spaces and retail environments.
- Possess a strong knowledge in a broad range of design/technical industries including both web and print.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills, thorough attention to detail, strong prioritization, project management skills, and the ability to set and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new software programs and quickly learning new software as needed.
- Office Environment
- Travel (20%)
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary
- Hybrid location: Associate will work on-site regularly as needed for work activities.
- Tobacco Free