Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Corporate Communications Senior Manager position will play a vital role with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse Corporate Communications team. Corporate Communications is responsible for generating local, national, internal, and industry-wide awareness for the business and off-the-court initiatives of the Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, as part of the Rock Entertainment Group family of properties.
The Corporate Communications Senior Manager will drive strategic PR plans that tell a concise and engaging story, ignite a call to action, shape brand identity, and achieve organizational goals and objectives. This includes overall public relations planning and execution around (but not limited to) sponsorship, technology, digital, ticket and premium sales, leadership development, marketing, analytics, community relations, diversity and inclusion, venue, concerts, events and more.
The person in this role will be a proactive thinker with a keen ability to see the opportunities to promote the Cavs and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse brand through fun, engaging, impactful and actionable storytelling. Our ideal candidate is a person who can join our Corporate Communication group and make an immediate impact in the evolution of how we creatively drive market and industry awareness around the successes of our organization and brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse business teams across the organization to create earned-media opportunities for informational messaging, special projects and event-driven initiatives.
- Implement strategic PR outreach to generate market-wide awareness, ignite a call to action, shape brand identity, and achieve goals and objectives to targeted audiences.
- Attain a strong understanding of organizational culture and the inner workings of Cavs and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse operations to successfully communicate “who we are” to the local, regional and global marketplace.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local media and knowledge of regional and national media resources.
- Pitch and collaborate to initiate coverage and storytelling.
- Conceive and create original content for feature stories for industry trades, traditional local and national media outlets and social media influencers.
- Work with internal broadcasting, social media and digital teams to develop coverage opportunities utilizing internal assets and platforms.
- Write communications materials that include press releases, media advisories, message talking points, internal correspondence and more.
- Plan and execute media events, press conferences and publicity events.
- Track earned media coverage utilizing a media monitoring service/platform and construct recaps and summaries in a visually compelling and efficient way.
- Build presentation decks and documents that showcase communications plans and strategy in a visually compelling and efficient way.
- Assist with internal communications to team (staff) members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of public relations and media relations experience is preferred and is a plus if prior experience is in the fields of corporate sports, lifestyle, culture and/or entertainment communications.
- Must be able to showcase strong writing and editing skills through portfolio work.
- Must be able to showcase proficiency in Powerpoint, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Pages, Keynote and/or other related presentation and graphics software through portfolio work.
- An independent, self-starter who routinely brings actionable ideas to the table. Can prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player; organized, can prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Has an appropriate level of knowledge regarding local, regional and national media platforms, as well as emerging media trends and storylines.
- Experience with media monitoring tools, including Muckrack, Cision, TVEyes, Meltwater or other similar services.
- Available to work Game nights, evening events and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide a link to a professional portfolio, website, or folder that includes written example(s) of your work.