Sr. Manager, Classics Surface Design
Reebok is a pioneer in the sporting goods industry with a rich and storied fitness heritage dating back to 1895. Reebok was founded on athletic footwear that changed the direction of sport. Since then, the art of outpacing expectation has brewed in the brand’s DNA. This is what fuels Reebok to break up boundaries and incite movement. And to make products that help others explore exactly what movement means to them. Reebok strives to deliver each and every athlete, from professionals to enthusiasts, with the opportunity, products and inspiration to reach their full potential. Reebok Classics leverage the brand’s fitness heritage and represent the roots of the brand in the sports lifestyle market. Reebok is an American-inspired global brand with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Color + Materials Sr Manager is responsible for supporting category surface designers. In this leadership role is in support of and to the Sr. Design Director. Together identifying / applying the seasonal color palette, graphics, material trends onto footwear product for each season. Working with the Creative Direction team to ensure that a clear color, graphic and trend direction is executed across specific footwear product categories, follows the seasonal design direction set by the Creative Direction and Senior Management team.
- Responsible for setting goals that align with organizational objectives team and individual organization
- Apply color, graphics and materials to assigned footwear categories; as well as create necessary sell-in tools and mood boards for design and product marketing teams
- Work with the Color & Trend Creative Direction team to gather trend information and imagery from multi-media, fashion shows, internet, travel and retail; this information will be processed to inform the creation of seasonal color palettes
- Assist in the seasonal presentation of materials, color and graphics to the design teams including palettes and imagery relating to the seasonal design themes
- Assist in the creation and execution of material stories with overall cross-category themes. This may include working with Materials Development Team to create or customize materials specific to Reebok concepts
- Travel to markets, shows and other venues domestically and internationally to research and deliver color, material concepts, market and lifestyle trends. Deliverables take the form of graphic presentations, installations, and regular trend updates to the design and Reebok community
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lead
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Team player and an ability to work independently
- Interest and knowledge of materials and experience working with different fabrics
- Interest and knowledge of color trends and how they evolve
- Knowledge of color mixing, color compatibility, and color placement
- Knowledge of Graphic Design is a plus
- Knowledge of material trends globally
- Ability to take direction and follow a design brief
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
- 4+ of design experience
Requirements & EEO Statement
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).