Sr. Internal Communications Manager
Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
As a leader in its industry, Argos USA changes lives through the construction of building materials that encourage the dreams of millions around the U.S.
We are a team of talented individuals connected and united by the superior purpose of transforming the future through sustainable construction. We promote our employee's growth thanks to continuous learning and the challenges we all face in a dynamic, innovative, respectful and inclusive environment where the balance between work and life is paramount. We are diverse, creative and committed; working together while being supported by Argos’ competitive benefits program.
Join our experience, explore your possibilities and transform the future with us!
General purpose of the job
Sr. Manager, Internal Communications will be responsible for leading all employee communications for Argos North America. Success for the leader is establishing the strategies, protocols and programs, and KPIs that drive our culture and engage employees on topics of business updates, leadership strategy, safety, people, and compliance. This is an exciting time at Argos North America and this new, highly visibility role will report to the Director, Marketing & Communications and have direct and regular interaction with the CEO and leadership team.
The Sr. Manager Internal Communications will work across Argos North America leadership, external communications and shared services to develop, implement, and measure an internal communications strategy to that motivates a high-performance culture.
The role will create a first-of-its-kind program to boost a high-performance culture. The Sr. Manager, Internal Communications will be responsible for building the function which includes defining the type and level of experienced employees on the team, team size, the structure of the function as well as the team KPIs, budget and operating model, working closely with the Director, Marketing & Communications. The role requires developing strong working relationships across Argos at all levels and must be confident and effective collaborating with and communicating to senior leaders.
For this critical position, Argos seeks an employee communications expert with a passion for building teams, functions and processes. The individual is a strategic, always-curious leader, comfortable “rolling up her/his sleeves” to build effective programs for Argos North America.
- Develop an internal communications strategy and plan that engages employees in the company's vision, strategy, values and culture
- Support and advise the CEO on ongoing communications and as critical business needs arise
- Plan and manage the execution of all employee communications, including business updates, safety, people and compliance
- Assess, evolve and manage existing internal channels, including quareterly leadership townhalls, digital and print newsletters, intranet and digital boards at Argos locations
- Collaborate with external communications and brand and ensure alignment across all communications
- Seek out best practices and other external resources for continuous improvement
- Manage internal team member and external resources to maintain a high-performaning communications team at Argos
- Develop governance and measurement for all channels
PR, communications, journalism, or other media related field
Technical knowledge and certifications
- Satisfactory oral and written communication skills. Able to draft content using various writing styles.
- Excellent proof reading skills and the ability to translate/restructure documents that come from Colombia into a good structure for English reading
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite programs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
- Familiarity with AP style
Area of experience
Public Relations, comms, corporate affairs, media, marketing
- English C2 Advanced
- Spanish C1 Pre-advanced
Annual Salary Range from $97,582 to $135,531
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.