Sr Human Resources Coordinator
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.
It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, this position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day Human Resource needs at the DeForest Distribution Center. As the first HR point of contact forHR contact for employees, this role supports the HRBP optimize people, processes and resources to attract, develop, engage and retain talent; create a great culture; and, maximize productivity. Provides basic guidance to employees and supervisors. Partners with leaders and employees to create an inclusive culture where all team members are included and able to grow in their role.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Day to day HR needs at our DeForest Distribution Center.
- First point of contact to provide guidance, consultation and direction regarding basic employee questions.
- Provides support to HRBP on basic employee actions and administration of other corrective actions, including proper documentation.
- Insures successful execution/integration of corporate initiatives such as performance management, employee engagement survey, training, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, community events, etc.
- Works with HR leadership and Director HR and HR partners to assess individual, team and business performance needs, recommend, and/or deliver developmental and performance interventions including training, coaching and group facilitation.
- Works with business and HR leadership and HR partners to ensure a healthy workplace culture where inclusion, wellness and safety are a critical business priority.
- In partnership with the talent acquisition team, provides recommendations and actively sources strong talent and to fill regular and seasonal hiring needs. Supports HRBP with sourcing through networking, hiring fairs, social and digital adverting to increase awareness and attract talent.
- Screens, interviews and hires talent for regular and seasonal positions.
- Responsible for managing Workday changes to ensure the integrity of the data including promotions, supervisor changes, terminations, etc as well as managing employment records and filing.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of HR or business leadership experience including sourcing/ recruitment, leading teams, facilitating groups, coaching and/or training.
- Bilingual skills required.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Background in employee relations ideally in a distribution/warehouse environment, including experience with performance management & employee engagement.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all time regarding employee and company information.
- Knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices. Knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to employment.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Experience leading several projects within tight timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, identify creative resource solutions and align individual and business expectations in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must have ability to build strong rapport and trust with individuals at all levels of the organization in order to resolve conflict, elevate employee performance, and lead or implement change.
- Highly proficient in communicating in a calm, clear, empathetic, but direct manner. Able to influence without direct authority when coaching employees and management.
- Proficient in problem-solving matters related to basic FMLA, ADA, and other legal issues with support on more complex issues
- Ability to take ambiguous and/or incomplete information/concepts/situations/dynamics and transform it into clear and easily understandable information. Must be able to assess problems and identify appropriate solutions and/or know when to partner for support.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, sometimes high stress environment with a diversity of individuals including front-line staff, management, internal partners and candidates.
- Ability to be on-site daily in Deforest and travel to the Middleton location as needed to support employees and leaders.
- The salary range for this position is between $20 and $27 per hour. **This range is indicative of projected hiring range, however annual base salary will be determined based on a candidate’s work location, skills and experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.