Sr. Graphic Designer
Who we are:
Munchkin is one of the most innovative and fast-growing consumer product companies in the world! With over 320+ patents under our belt, we continue to create solutions that leave our customers asking, "how did I ever live without this?" Recognized as #8 on America’s Most Innovative Companies list by Fortune Magazine, innovation is the core of our company DNA and has been driving our designs for 30 years!
Founded in 1990, Munchkin has sold billions of dollars of products through our key retail partners: Target, Walmart and Amazon and has global distribution in over 50 countries. We are industry leaders in design and innovation with over 140 international product and brand design awards in the past 5 years and growing!
We lead with our core values and believe that investing in the community is our responsibility. We create opportunities for every child’s potential and well-being through the Radiant Colors program, work to create a sustainable future, and in partnership with the International Fund for Animal welfare have committed to animal conservation.
After 30 years of being a leader in the baby industry, Munchkin is growing up and expanding our business reach to even more consumers with the launch of Curio, a highly curated line of home goods inspired by curiosity.
There is no better time than now to join Munchkin as we embark on our next and biggest growth journey moving us into technology focused, higher valued products, and household consumer goods. Munchkin is growing up and you could be the next influential leader to play a key role in driving enormous customer-centered value and rapid growth.
Reporting directly to the Art Director of Brand Design, the Senior Graphic Designer will work directly with the Creative Design and Marketing teams to concept, design, develop, and implement all packaging, print, digital, or video related marketing materials and communications that support the brand strategy. Copywriting and/or illustration skills strongly preferred. Sense of humor a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent projects, logo development and branding for use in digital experiences and traditional marketing campaigns.
- Participate and collaborate in conceptual development and design ideation with company executives and members of the marketing team to define creative strategy
- Leads when assigned the creative process by presenting well-developed and strategic creative solutions to meet all project objectives
- Responsible for designing/ producing and managing projects with high accuracy (including basic die line structures, logo design, typography, color studies, photo retouching, preparing files to printer/ vendor, etc.)
- Develop, design and execute all print related marketing materials as briefed
- Assists in photoshoot art direction and scheduling, and image retouching
- Lead junior designers on the team as assigned to develop and design visual communication materials that support the brand strategy and external vendors
- Consistently research, identify and share current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand
- Prepares designs for brand presentations
- Contribute to the development of compelling copy that differentiates the consumer brand and stays true to the brand voice and attributes: Modern, Clever and Innovative.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of content and programs with high engagement rates and strong positive brand buzz
- Identify and create engagement opportunities that will help grow the Munchkin audience and increase brand awareness
- Assignment is 2-4 weeks, can be done remote but most come onsite for initial training and instructions. If assignment is extended, onsite is required
- Other duties may be assigned
- BS/BA or Associates Degree in Graphic Design/Commercial Art and/or minimum 3+ years related work experience in graphic design across digital, trade and brand.
- Expertise with Macintosh based graphics programs, specifically Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Experience working with packaging engineers for implementation of designs and transfer of visual assets preferred
- Must be able to design within specific product categories and manage release schedules
- Copy writing experience a strong plus.
- Strong illustration skills are a strong plus.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong knowledge of graphic and print production process
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with limited supervision
Salary range: $45-$65/hour
Munchkin welcomes and values what makes everyone unique. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.
- Team Player - Expert
- Presentation - Expert
- Organizational - Expert
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Associates or better in Graphic Design.
- Bachelors or better in Graphic Design.
- 3 years: Work experience in graphic design across digital, trade and brand
- 3 years: Experience working with packaging engineers for implementation of designs and transfer of visual assets preferred
- 3 years: Expertise with Macintosh based graphics programs, specifically Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
Copy writing experience a strong plus.