The Pokémon Company International, Inc. (TPCi) is looking for a seasoned compensation professional to join our talented and dedicated People team. We are passionate about our company, the brand, and making this the best place to work for all employees.
As an individual contributor, you’ll impact our goals through your passion and knowledge of the art and science of compensation. As a collaborator, communicator, and influencer, you'll analyze, implement, and champion a simple, equitable global compensation philosophy that drives talent attraction and retention supporting our long-term business strategy.
In this role you’ll collaborate with members of the People team, Legal team, stakeholders, and leaders to deliver inclusive pay programs for a diverse and growing global population. The key to being successful in this role will be your ability to build and maintain high trust relationships through great listening, giving and receiving high quality feedback, and being a reliable team player and self-starter.
Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Leverage TPCi’s foundational compensation philosophy, tools, and approach linked to the business goals to execute on our programs to drive positive results.
- Review, recommend, and implement potential changes to continually improve job architecture, salary structures, and compensation programs that deliver best-in-class, equitable practices aligned with TPCi’s values and business objectives.
- Champion annual merit and bonus planning processes including timelines, communications, budget, systems/tools configuration, training, reporting, and calibration.
- Perform regular compensation benchmarking for all jobs; analyze market data trends and evaluate impact; ensure market competitiveness and develop creative solutions with partners to drive attraction and retention of talent while facilitating internal equity across the organization.
- Identify metrics and build out reporting dashboards to measure compensation programs and services effectiveness, utilization, and insights to provide transparency and help guide long-term strategy and decision-making.
- Conduct strategic analyses of workforce data to identify trends and provide actionable recommendations, including researching and aligning on evolving compensation programs best practices.
- Partner with various People team stakeholders and DEI for roll-out and execution of compensation programs and initiatives.
- Provide analytics support and data analysis, preparing ad-hoc and regular management reports and metrics in concert with HR Systems and Insights using Workday.
- Create and conduct compensation education aligned to business needs for managers of all levels and guide them in preparation to champion compensation practices across the organization.
- Integrate and operationalize diversity and inclusion when building programs and practices.
What you’ll bring
- Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise supporting global locations. Direct experience supporting US, UK, Ireland, Mexico, and LATAM is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in HRIS with compensation and advanced compensation modules as well as reporting and analytics. Workday is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Compensation experience in major markets. Tech, gaming, consumer product or entertainment background is a plus.
- Knowledge of progressive, market-based pay practices and how to adapt them in growing markets.
- Experience reporting, mining, and analyzing data on annual compensation survey platforms.
- A deep passion for compensation, staying abreast on changes in the marketplace, talent trends, and bringing creativity and innovation to the role.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to educate and influence across all levels within and outside the company.
- Knowledge of HR regulations, labor and employment law and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start $125,000 - $156,000. The full range is $125,000- $187,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.