Sr Gameplay Engineer
We are seeking a versatile and experienced Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will architect and build high quality game systems for our exciting next-generation project. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and conscientious engineer with deep knowledge of developing AAA games. We’re looking for someone that loves working on making player controls, camera, and animation feel fantastic. This role reports to the Lead Gameplay Engineer.
What You’ll Do
- Implement and maintain gameplay systems including animation, character movement, camera controls, and other features using Unreal Engine.
- Optimize game performance to ensure smooth frame rates and overall performance.
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to build world class game systems
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other members of the engineering team.
- Continuously research and explore new technologies and game development techniques to enhance the game's overall quality.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience developing AAA titles.
- 1+ years of experience as a Senior Gameplay Engineer on AAA titles with proven experience in game development with a focus on animation and gameplay programming.
- Expertise in C++ programming and familiarity with Unreal Engine and it's associated tools.
- Strong understanding of game design principles and the 3 Cs of game development.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge/experience working with Unreal Engine's animation systems
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.