Sr. Fragrance Designer
TargetMinneapolis, MN18 days ago
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A new role within the Home Fragrance Design and Development team means a big opportunity to lead the development of amazing fragrances for our home owned brands. Are you an experienced fragrance expert who can support our olfactive strategy by staying ahead of industry trends, identifying fragrance gaps and innovating new fragrance ideas? Do you have the olfactive skills and competitive knowledge to create and evaluate quality home fragrance products that will win in the marketplace? Then you’ll have great success being part of our team. Here you will partner with product and technical designers, merchants and sourcing counterparts to drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Senior Fragrance Designer, you’ll be accountable to build and lead fragrance development for our Home Owned Brands with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. You will create own brand home fragrance strategies by leading and managing fragrance development with product design team, and key internal and external partners including multiple fragrance house vendors and suppliers. You will be accountable for leading the PD&D Home Fragrance Design and Development Processes and building Target’s reputation as a great place to work, learn, develop and advance.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
You will drive and lead:
- Fragrance trend research and development across multiple brands within the home fragrance category, creating and managing a balanced home fragrance portfolio.
- Providing expert fragrance evaluation to support internal partners and fragrance houses in the design of new winning fragrances
- Creating fragrance briefs for development and communicating with multiple fragrance houses, key vendors and internal partners.
- Collaborating with Product Designers to align fragrance development to program development to support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- The naming of fragrances and working with legal team on approvals.
- Fragrance performance evaluation (hot and cold throw) and ensure overall quality, consistency and optimization across all finished product formats.
- Collaboration with technical designers and sourcing partners to identify, troubleshoot or resolve product quality and performance issues.
- Tracking competitive launch activity.
- Diligently approaching workload. Maintaining good, timely communication with internal and external partners
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years related fragrance development experience.
- Advanced olfactive acuity.
- Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information to fragrance strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
- Knowledge of product development processes
- Knowledge of home fragrance raw materials and manufacturing processes is a plus
- Knowledge of testing, safety, and legal requirements for consumer products is a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.