Sr. Financial Analyst
As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $107,600-$131,600 annually. The full Pay Range is $83,500-$155,600 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Sr. Planning & Financial Reporting Analyst in the Finance Business Partner organization is responsible for acting in a consulting capacity in order to perform interpretive analysis and provide "financial decision" advisory to influence senior stakeholders using “non-financial language” narratives. This role provides subject matter expertise on forecasted GAAP and plays a significant role in periodic forecasts and the annual financial plan. The Sr. Planning and Financial Reporting Analyst is a liaison to senior and mid-level management teams by having a thorough understanding of their business and financial reporting needs.
This Analyst will be part of the team supporting Tech (Information Technology) with key focus in the following competencies or areas:
- Great communication skills to liaise successfully among Tech leaders, business units, and various Finance teams
- Ability to influence and persuade senior stakeholders and other business leaders who may have little or no finance understanding
- Balance between Enterprise and Divisional perspectives in analysis and recommendations
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Serve as a proactive planning business partner to assigned areas of the Credit Union by acting as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for planning and reporting needs.
- Provide senior level analytical support in the development of the Credit Union's annual financial plan and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare monthly department expense, project and FTE level variance reports comparing monthly and year-to-date results with both plan and prior year results.
- Provide and maintain a consultative approach in support of the Finance Business Partners, departments, and focus groups.
- Participate and provide expertise in varied, broad and cross-divisional assignments.
- Lead interpretive analysis to provide process owners with cost improvement opportunities.
- Continuously assess the Credit Union's position in relation to the annual financial plan and provide input and recommendations on areas of opportunity.
- Continuously assesses and provide analysis consultation relating to the Credit Union's long-term, forecasted position in relation to ever changing variables.
- Lead the coordination of the budget education process for leaders in other areas of the Credit Union.
- Maintain an expertise in knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and related regulatory matters.
- Participate in the preparation of planning and forecast documents for Executive Management and the Board of Directors
- Develop expertise of the PeopleSoft accounting system and Hyperion budget system.
- Build analytical financial models to provide insight and recommendations to drive business performance.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and financial forecasts.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees (internal customers) to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Perform additional job duties as assigned.
- Expertise in PC skills (Microsoft Office and flow-charting), with the ability to learn and utilize new software.
- Expert background using OneStream skills (or similar software)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Seven years of related functional experience in a financial institution, or comparable work or educational experience.
- CPA/CMA preferred.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.