Sr. Financial Analyst
Revolutionize Wholesale and join True Value. We are a dynamic team committed to driving True Value’s aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers
Join True Value Company's high performing FP&A Team as a Sr. Financial Analyst. Be a business partner to VP of Marketing and VP of Merchandising and provide all financial support to them and their teams. Own the Marketing P&L and drive all compiling, analyzing, and presenting of financial information to executive leadership.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for compiling, analyzing, and presenting financial information to the organization. Creates complex financial models for predicting Sales, Margin, and other performance metrics. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately and in a timely manner. Identifies and analyzes trends to help the business make sound decisions. Coordinates the annual budget and prepares monthly forecasts
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
- Own all financial analysis related to the Marketing function.
- Perform profitability analysis on current and future programs and make recommendations to executive leadership.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting process for Marketing
- Compiles and analyzes financial information; Builds and monitors complex financial models and creates reports to aid in decision making, evaluate different scenarios, understand performance, and better predict future results.
- Participates in month-end close process. Provides financial review, accrual preparation and results commentary.
- Analyzes and understands cost drivers and other complex financial relationships.
- Serves as day-to-day contact for the business regarding financial information and questions.
- Documents and develops efficiency improvements and profit enhancements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business and/or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 3 plus years of experience preferred with a distribution, manufacturing or industrial company, prior FP&A experience required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Consolidation tools (e.g. Hyperion, TM1)
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI or Qlik)
- Experience with Budgeting/Forecasting.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
Licenses & Certifications: N/A
Physical Requirements (Delete those that do not apply and only keep those that apply to the role)
Hearing, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking
Work Environment: Generally, works in climate-controlled office environment.
Travel: Travel may vary in length and duration.