Sr. Financial Analyst
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
Partnering with business leaders and the FP&A Director, Senior Financial Analyst will help drive company-wide annual operating planning, forecasting, variance and trend analysis, monthly close process, and other FP&A functions. They will have a deep understanding of business performance, drive the implementation of processes that result in improved financial performance, provide strategic support including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, complex financial analyses, and other additional duties as needed.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Developing and continually improving annual operating planning and forecasting processes from start to finish by partnering with cross-functional leaders
- Building, monitoring, and analyzing financial and non-financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including customer analytics, pricing strategy, and wholesale opportunities
- Creating reports and dashboards that clearly and concisely present financial metrics and key performance drivers
- Working with business leaders to develop planning assumptions for key performance drivers
- Overseeing the monthly close process from start to finish including articulating key drivers for actual results vs plan variances to business leaders and ensuring financial and operational reports that make key information readily available are generated timely and accurately
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports
- Helping to implement business intelligence tools, dashboards, and reports
- Building, maintaining, and improving financial models
- Analyzing data and turning complex business issues into easy-to-understand key points that any leader can grasp, understand, and utilize to make business decisions
- Identifying and implementing system and process improvements
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 5-8 years of professional finance experience, including Senior Analyst experience
- Strong experience with financial planning software. Experience with IBM Planning Analytics by TM1 is highly beneficial
- Extensive experience in data mining and data analytics
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to efficiently manipulate data and maintain robust and flexible Excel financial models
- Strong PowerPoint skills with demonstrated experience crafting presentations and communicating messages effectively with charts and graphs to represent analytical results
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, a proven ability to build relationships, and good business and financial acumen.
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking and research skills
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field; master’s degree or higher
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
- Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
- Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
- Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.