Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Microsoft Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
MSIO’s charter is to build-out Microsoft’s end-to-end cloud infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team, you will support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition, while enhancing transparency into cloud infrastructure investments, and safeguarding shareholder value.
The Commerce and Digital Finance team within MSIO is looking for a strong Senior Finance Manager to provide end to end decision support, investment management, and FP&A leadership for the Commerce + Ecosystem organization.
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Manage financial health of a large investment portfolio through insightful reporting, accurate forecasting, and long-range planning aligned to financial goals, rhythm of business timelines, and committed business outcomes.
- Continuously improve processes to drive efficiency, prioritization, and cross team collaboration.
- Articulate driver-based findings through high quality communication and facilitate executive decision making across engineering, finance, and stakeholder executive leadership.
- Partner across finance orgs, including revenue planning, infrastructure, R&D, and FP&A to drive results.
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data
- Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis,
- accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance,
- Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate
- financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Strong modeling capabilities and ability to work with financial and business systems
- Ability to think end to end from strategic planning through multi-year execution; and to model the financial investments and impact accordingly.
- Ability to simplify for executive consumption
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results.
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Executive level oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, simple way.
- Thorough and detail oriented, yet able to see the forest for the trees.
- High level of self-motivation and autonomy; ability to quickly identify what needs to be accomplished and resourcefulness to get things done.
- Strongly prefer deep understanding of the technology industry, particularly public and private cloud services.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and virtual-team efforts.
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed process implementation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.