Sr External Communications Specialist
As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $32.16-$39.33 hourly. The full Pay Range is $25.00-$46.49 hourly. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Sr External Communications Specialist is responsible for the coordination and management of external communications projects and content from development through delivery in collaboration with members of the Communications team and beyond. The position will partner with the PR and Digital Community team in executing strategies and creating content for BECU channels, including the BECU Blog, organic social media and public relations efforts. The Sr External Communications Specialist will drive all elements of a project, including subject matter expert (SME) and stakeholder engagement, timeline monitoring, content development and reporting.
- Partner with PR and Digital Community team to lead, complete and implement assigned projects that build awareness of BECU as a trusted resource through earned, native content and owned channels.
- Collaborate with PR and Digital Community team to execute communications strategy via development and deployment of tactics that elevate BECU storytelling through the creation and promotion of compelling, relevant, and engaging content.
- Create, publish, and maintain content for BECU’s Communication channels, including the BECU blog, organic social media and PR efforts.
- Recommend updates to and assist in management of editorial calendar to ensure establishment of a regular cadence of content that educates and inspires audiences to achieve financial goals and positions BECU as a thought leader in the business space.
- Serve as a resource and mentor for project-related communications and research as directed. Assist in executing detailed communication plans and project timelines in partnership with team members. Interact with SMEs and key internal stakeholders while coordinating resources and monitoring project timelines.
- Coordinate and organize meetings and other external stakeholder communications, including third-party partners and agencies, in support of key department projects and programs.
- Support in gathering of data and analytics to report on the success or opportunities of BECU’s Communication channels and collaborate with the team to identify and implement channel enhancements and optimizations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or business, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of communication, digital content creation, public relations or project coordination experience required.
- Effective project management skills required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to research and develop recommendations on the implementation of new projects and programs required.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Familiarity with data and analytics for performance management or program reporting preferred.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.