Sr. Environmental Sustainability Analyst
TJX has long been committed to pursuing initiatives that are environmentally responsible and smart for our business. As a large, complex international business, we work to continually make progress on our environmental sustainability efforts and help mitigate our impact on the environment. We focus our efforts in four areas: climate and energy, responsible waste management, chemicals management, and sustainable products. We are making great progress in all these areas and to further accelerate our initiatives have added an opportunity for a Sr. Environmental Sustainability Analyst!
The Sr. Analyst will support the implementation of TJX’s sustainability program by advancing strategies across key business functions including energy management, facilities, waste management, sustainable sourcing, procurement, supply chain and other relevant business areas. They will also assist in the collection, analysis, and reporting of sustainability data across the company to enable the development and measurement of credible and robust global targets. This is a hybrid position requiring 2 days a week on-site at our Marlborough, MA campus.
- Partners across functions and geographies throughout the business to provide support materials, metrics, and business drivers to improve internal decision making
- Collects and prepares reporting that facilitates analysis of key initiatives; develops materials that clearly communicate findings
- Provides research support for topics including, but not limited to new compliance, reporting, retail peer benchmarking and sustainability program best practices
- Assembles data for internal and public reporting metrics (Corporate Social Responsibility Report, GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project), etc.) and stories.
- Supports cross functional collaboration and sharing of best practices among Store and Distribution Center teams to build a network of strong internal champions of the Sustainability program.
- Builds presentations and other communication vehicles for Senior Executives
- Prepares and formats monthly educational newsletter, and works with the Internal Communications team to support associate outreach and education
- Conducts an annual review of stewardship program obligations, fees and supports the transition to new stewardship programs
- Develops action plans for responding to mandatory government surveys
- Identifies and analyzes new potential programs along with process improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience in Corporate Sustainability strongly preferred along with experience in business analysis, and data trending with storytelling
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Environmental and Sustainability principles, concepts, methods, models and processes
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills including analysis of information (i.e. requirements; description of problems etc.); and providing solutions including cost implications to problems and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including dead-line sensitive priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to communicate complex business information in a clear and compelling way
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, collaborate and build effective working relationships with internal partners in a constantly evolving environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office applications including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff - competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.