Sr Environment Advisor
The safety of people, and protection of the environment, is our top priority at Enbridge! We seek to be a responsible and contributing member of the communities where we operate. Are you interested in a Sr Environment Advisor position responsible to oversee environmental planning, permitting, and inspection coordination? #topemployer
If you are an Environmental professional who understands the environment field as well as specialized knowledge of regulatory processes and environmental mitigation as it applies to construction work, we'd love to hear from you. We offer opportunities for growth, a competitive benefits and pension plan, and generous time off.
Come work with our team to help us meet Enbridge's environmental objectives! Your opportunities here at Enbridge are endless as we expand with the future of energy in mind. Join us today!
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for the environmental planning process including third party management in preparation of environmental assessments reports, acquisition of permits, and cost estimating.
- Represent Enbridge at public information sessions.
- Coordinate the government and public review of completed environmental assessments.
- Work with federal, state and local agencies to secured approvals and ensure environmental compliance of projects. Over see third party environmental inspectors to ensure project compliance with environmental plans and permit conditions.
- Provide necessary assistance to project managers and company construction staff to ensure project is environmentally sound and promote environmental stewardship.
- Establish viable working relationships with various government agencies and agency personnel.
- Ensure valued membership of project teams by providing timely and accurate information to internal stakeholders.
- Daily contact with internal stakeholders, including: project teams and project leadership; regulatory and compliance groups; and Environmental systems group.
- External stakeholder contacts typically occur on a weekly to monthly frequency, including consultants, state and federal regulators, and nongovernment organizations.
- Environment performance has a significant impact on Enbridge projects, compliance, and regulatory relations. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Focus is on achieving general objectives by working independently to manage their time, approach to technical problems, and work priorities.
- Problem solve by applying standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous assignments
Who You Are:
- A post-secondary degree or higher in an environmental or related field.
- Familiarity with environmental assessment methodologies and permitting.
- Familiarity with best management practices for environmental protection.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- At least 7 years of environmental experience, preferably in pipeline, industry, infrastructure sectors.
- A self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills, focused internally and externally at all levels.
- The ability to work both independently and within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, focused internally and externally, at all levels.
- Demonstrated capability in ensuring strong linkages both inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to apply strategic solutions to issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to implement new ideas within acceptable boundaries.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and commitment to Enbridge’s values.
- Experience with Enbridge business units, familiarity with Enbridge’s business and cultures considered an asset.
- Office environment with regular travel.
- Flex Work Arrangements: Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options. #LI-Hybrid
Included but not limited to: Grasping, kneeling, light – moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Includes but not limited to: Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, coordinate thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.