Sr. Director / VP, Data & Analytics
San Francisco, CA
Gong unlocks reality to help people and companies reach their full potential. The patented Gong Reality Platform™ empowers companies to take advantage of their most valuable assets – customer interactions, which the Gong platform automatically captures and analyzes. Gong then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes. Thousands of innovative companies like Morningstar Inc., Paychex, LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, Sprout Social, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. Gong is an award winning company and was recognized on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top Startups, and Great Places to Work lists in 2022.
As the Senior Director of Analytics, you will lead and grow a team of high performing Analytics professionals. You will develop and execute against our overall Data & Analytics strategy to enable executive level decision making at scale. You will partner with multiple leaders across Go-to-Market, Finance, and Product to ensure we have critical intelligence aligned with the company's goals and objectives and produce data-driven insights that contribute to revenue growth, cost optimization, and customer adoption/satisfaction. You will also play an integral role in KPI definitions and partner with the business intelligence team on data architecture.
- Partner closely with GTM Strategy in harmonizing data and analytics to drive effective reporting and forecasting of key company goals and targets.
- Develop the foundations to support core business processes in the GTM and Finance space, utilizing historical data and market trends to create pricing/sales forecasts that guide future pricing/sales strategies and revenue projections.
- Drive a deeper understanding around our customer base, investigating user engagement metrics, churn rates, and retention patterns. Propose strategies and experiments to boost user engagement, increase customer retention, and reduce churn. Utilize historical adoption data to develop predictive models around customer outcomes.
- Drive the adoption of advanced analytics techniques, such as predictive modeling, machine learning, and AI, to uncover deeper insights and patterns within the data. Translate complex analytical concepts into understandable business terms for executive decision-makers.
- Build highly usable data models that cross-functional teams to perform analysis more efficiently and get deeper insights out of our data
- Manage and mentor a team of analysts and data scientists. Provide leadership, guidance, and support to ensure the team's success in delivering high-quality analysis, reports, and actionable recommendations.
- 10+ years of experience in deeply analytical roles, ideally focused at or with a focus on Enterprise SaaS models
- 5+ years of building and managing technical focused analytics teams with proven capability to develop talent
- Proven business partnership experience with C-suite executives and the demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to various functions
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as SQL, Python, R, or similar.
- Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure, including Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT, Jenkins etc.
- Proven experience in data architecture and warehouse design
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) for creating insightful reports and dashboards.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to derive actionable insights from complex datasets.
- Detail-oriented approach and the ability to identify trends and patterns in large datasets.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- Wellbeing Fund - flexible wellness stipend to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Mental Health benefits with covered therapy and coaching.
- 401(k) program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment.
Gong is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.