Sr. Director, Total Rewards
In this key leadership role, you will be an innovator and an out-of-the-box thinker who can evolve our global rewards philosophy and strategy and lead our HR operational capabilities to scale with our business growth. As a thought leader and partner to the VP of Global HR, the CEO, and CFO, you will consult with key stakeholders to manage, drive, and influence the development and execution of global rewards, benefits, employee programs, and processes while balancing the financial goals of the company. You will work with the business leaders to translate the business strategy and objectives into a comprehensive Total Rewards & Operations strategy to meet our business needs today and, in the future, as we scale.
You’ll Make a Difference By
- Creating, administering, and evolving our Total Rewards strategy inclusive of compensation, benefits, and workplace perks and aligned with our DEI strategy.
- Leading our HR Operations team focused on building tools and processes that scale and support people activities across the company.
- Partnering with the CEO, VP of Global HR, and CFO to create materials for Compensation Committee meetings to drive recommendations for executive compensation, equity programs, and other analyses as requested by the Committee.
- Leading, mentoring, coaching, and developing direct reports; develop the Total Rewards acumen of the broader HR team.
- Staying up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation to ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
- Leading the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market-competitive reward packages and identify potential opportunities and gaps; scan the external market to understand trends and "next practices" in Total Rewards and Operations.
- Continuously optimizing compensation and benefits initiatives that are aligned to Ariat’s values and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of Total Rewards, including executive compensation.
- Supporting the development of innovative solutions in the areas of HR Operations and systems and technology roadmap to meet the needs of the organization and ensure outstanding operational excellence.
- Partnering with our Finance team on annual compensation planning and budget process.
- Forecasting and proposing a long-term compensation and equity strategy roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in mind our equity pool.
- Educating the organization, particularly our people managers, on topics related to Total Rewards.
- 10+ years’ experience in HR and at least 5 years’ experience leading others; wholesale or retail industry experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation, benefits, HR operations, and global mobility program design, implementation, and ongoing administration.
- Experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness, and benefit plans, and working with the Senior Leadership team and developing materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of compliance and transparency.
- Understanding of various local and federal employment laws and their impact on HR policy.
- Familiarity with analytics and a capability to pull data from disparate systems, organize and aggregate the data, and provide insightful analysis and action plans aligned with company goals.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner and to a wide variety of audiences (from individual contributors to our Board members).
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and detail-oriented; excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions oriented.
- Ability to anticipate market trends, “see around corners”, and take proactive steps to mitigate risk and/or maximize opportunities.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- An empathetic leader, skilled at coaching, mentoring, and developing teams with a track record of high performance
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with high ambiguity and competing priorities
- High EQ, cultural awareness, and compassion.
- Strong Excel skills.
- We prioritize our incredible culture and want you to be a cultural champion!
- Experience working with Sales team Compensation a plus.