Sr. Director Product Design
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is seeking a Sr. Director of Product Design. The Sr Director Product Design will oversee the strategy and development of new products, giving direction regarding colors and surfaces/textures. This position is located in Dallas, TX.
- Develops both short and long-term strategic plan for overall product strategy as well as the design, development, and introduction of new products.
- Presents and communicates new product and programs to field sales groups and customers.
- Identifies and meets with new and existing vendors to evaluate new product opportunities.
- Develops relationships with vendors to provide best quality and the lowest cost.
- Visits regional markets to stay abreast of product issues and opportunities.
- Supports brand by attending National and Regional meetings.
- Drives product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies/tracks market trends.
- Determines product portfolio gaps; such as price point, new technologies and customer needs.
- Approve final product in the lab and at the plant.
- Oversees designs for display and/or production according to specific input.
- Support Sales Team creating trends reports and products presentation for specific customers or events.
- Understand how product, price, place, and promotion all contribute to success of brands.
- Manages special projects and performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Engineering or similar discipline, 4 years of work experience in product design management in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of product design experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of product development experience related to industrial ceramic tile production, including the knowledge of glazes, frits, inks reaction, different printing and decorating systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ceramic tile graphic creations and elaborations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Photoshop in each of the following areas: Concepts creations, Graphic Editing, Color correction
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with color management systems and ceramic profiles.
Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Must be able to prioritize and delegate. Must have strong/proven leadership and organizational skills. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.