Sr. Director of Social Media
TapestryNew York, NY8 days ago
Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Job Title: Sr. Director, Social & Display
Primary Purpose: The Sr. Director, Social and Display will be responsible for defining and executing digital best practices across Tapestry’s largest digital marketing channels across the portfolio of brands within North America. They will act as a channel and platform specialist ensuring effective campaign strategy and rigorous optimization. They will manage a team of specialists and have day-to-day oversight of Tapestry’s 3rd parties/agencies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving traffic, conversion and ROI for all social and display channels across acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Lead social platform and programmatic program strategy, develop and maintain key partner relationships, and build incremental omni revenue opportunities incorporating content, audiences, bidding, targeting, reach, and frequency
- Supervise external agency relationship for social and display; review agency reports and run internal reports to monitor performance and seek improvement opportunities
- Develop standardized reporting and provide brand teams with insight into performance trends and business results
- Constantly seek optimization and growth through performance analysis, a test and learn mindset, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization and more
- Serve as internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity, and testing opportunities that help drive the business
- Lead campaign activation process, set up and QA campaign in platform, monitor and optimize campaign in-flight
- Create and implement best practices regarding the measurement of ad effectiveness, especially as it relates to marketing effectiveness and multi-channel campaign optimization
- Acts as escalation on critical business concerns, involving executive management as appropriate.
- Acts as a change agent in leading the process changes changes that are required to create and deliver a shared center of excellence
Skills and Abilities Required
- 10+ years of experience in paid/performance digital marketing – especially social and display
- Multi-brand retail experience and/or agency experience a plus
- Understanding and experience with large media and programmatic platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google Display Network, Criteo, Trade Desk etc
- Experience managing agency relationships
- Experience developing and executing robust marketing partnerships to drive acquisition
- Strong proficiency in digital trends and best practices
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability and ROI analyses
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver
- Excellent presentation, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously
- Proficient MS office user, especially Excel v-lookup, macros, etc.
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics and other web metric systems, as well as media platforms, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Kenshoo, DV360, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration.
These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/