Sr. Director Integrated Media Strategy
New York, NY
Pfizer is driving a transformation of its marketing organization, that will see the best marketers of science support the most trusted brand in the industry. As part of this transformation, Pfizer has brought on board its first-ever Global CMO, Drew Panayiotou, who is standing up a best-in-class Leadership Team made up of subject matter experts and visionary practitioners.
The Senior Director, Integrated Media Strategy will be a key role within the CMO organization, helping define the US media strategy for a dedicated Pfizer US therapeutic area and serving as the chief point of connection between media and commercial teams.
Three of these roles are being added within the Global Integrated Media Strategy team including one for Primary Care, one for Specialty Care, and one for Oncology.
This leader will report to the VP, Integrated Media Strategy Lead and be instrumental in standing up integrated media strategy for Pfizer Biopharma. They will manage a team of 5-8 people directly reporting to them responsible for various products within their therapeutic area of responsibility.
This leader will bring a deep understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical space coupled with broad media strategy experience with an understanding of best practices and audience-led planning.
He/she will partner closely with other members of the CMO organization as well as other organizations to drive a robust, data-driven, and highly strategic approach that moves Pfizer from a leading ‘pharma’ brand into a leading healthcare and patient-first organization.
The Senior Director, Integrated Media Strategy is responsible for defining the US media strategy for Pfizer products and functioning as the key interface between commercial teams and media shared services. In doing so, this leader will partner with products/key market commercial teams to build robust and fully integrated media briefs and audience-centric plans across paid, owned, and earned media channels, that are aligned with the overall product strategy.
As the primary representative of the media team within the US commercial organization, the Senior Director, Integrated Media Strategy must leverage strong cross-functional leadership abilities to collaborate effectively with a number of key business partners including:
- Products/US marketing teams to build robust and fully integrated media plans
- Creative teams both internally and at our agencies to architect integrated, consumer-centric breakthrough campaigns
- CRM & Audience Intelligence to build data-driven audience strategy and insights into media plan
- Commercial Analytics team to incorporate insights from the MROI model into media mix decision-making as well as continuously adapt to changing consumer behaviors
- Media channel teams (Performance Media, Earned & Partnership Media) to leverage channel specific insights and oversee activation
- Media Measurement team to report on media performance at a regular cadence and recommend optimizations
- Function as the key representative of the media team within the US product marketing teams, acting as the main interface between the commercial teams and the centralized media team
- Develop deep understanding of Therapeutic Area products and landscape and champion patient and HCP needs leveraging deep consumer insights
- Define US product media strategy including optimal channelmix and budget allocation as well as integrated tactical plans across paid, owned, and earned media channels, orchestrated along the consumer decision journey
- Act as the main point of contact with the media agency for the therapeutic area under your responsibility, ensuring the agency team is delivering the highest quality work and meeting the needs of the business
- Stay on top of media performance across the different channels to continually optimize strategy and tactics to increase ROI in collaboration with Media Measurement & Interpretation, Commercial Analytics, Media Agency and respective channel partners
- Collaborate with Agency andMedia Measurement team to report on both media and creative performance at a regular cadence with business insights that lead to actionable next steps
- Serve as effective organization leader by influencing, managing and guiding high work quality among team members
- Act as successful mentor and role model for PFE Values (Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy) for direct reports and agile teams by providing ongoing coaching and guidance to other employees to help them achieve their potential
- BS Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
- 15 years work experience in media strategy, planning and buying driven by deep audience understanding rooted in data
- Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare environment
- Agency or client-side experience directly managing media strategy and campaign planning for healthcare brands
- US media strategy experience in B2B and B2C capacity (Patient and HCP audiences)
- Understanding of data-driven media planning and buying approaches in the US
- Executive presence and demonstrated ability to effectively influence and drive alignment across senior leaders and colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of media vendor landscape and direct partner relationships that will provide a solid foundation for collaboration and innovation
- Experience with customer journey personalization and messaging; paid, earned and owned media planning; media activation and reporting
- Experience with leading agencies, technology companies, or consulting partners in advertising and marketing tech
- Experience in generating demand through brand and full-funnel performance marketing campaigns
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and mastery of working in a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills; can articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Creative, innovative problem solver who leads with insights derived from data
- Ability to lead cross-functional and cross-business projects and initiatives, identifying risks and removing roadblocks to enable the teams to achieve successful delivery
- Strong writing, presentation and influencing skills
- Demonstrate ability to thrive under pressure, to take accountability and to meet deadlines
- Superior organizational and leadership skills; ability to influence, manage and drive action of the efforts of team members in on-time and accurate execution of deliverables
- Results-driven with a laser focus on building a customer-centric organization that achieves marketing excellence and delivers measurable financial results; Ability to manage and coach direct reports and agile teams
- MBA degree preferred
Last Day to Apply: December 15, 2023
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Eligible for employee referral bonus
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $199,500.00 to $332,500.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 25.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program.
We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments.
Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage.
Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act.
Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.