Sr. Director Human Resources
At Orlando Health, we are ordinary people with extraordinary individuality, working together to bring help, healing and hope to those we serve. By daily embodying our over 100-year legacy, we have grown into a 3,900-bed healthcare organization that delivers care for more than 142,000 inpatient and 3.9 million outpatient visits each year.
Our 24 award-winning hospitals and ERs, 9 specialty institutes, 14 urgent care centers, 100+ primary care practices and more than 60 outpatient facilities serve communities that span Florida’s east to west coasts and beyond.
This role will be covering the South Central Region, which covers: Health Central, Horizon West, Reunion and Health Central Park.
Provides strategic direction to site Human Resources teams, and overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of all the Human Resource functions. Developing human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements
- Partners with site administrative teams and corporate leadership on strategic initiatives.
- Direct and lead the initiatives of the site Human Resources Departments and Corporate departments to ensure successful strategic partnerships and to provide professional support to operational leadership.
- Develops strong working relationship with site administrative teams and corporate leadership.
- Works in partnership with the leadership of the organization in anticipating the impact of human resources on future Orlando Health strategies and goals.
- Works to create an environment such that the strategic business functions of Orlando Health are supported by the
- appropriate information, measurements and accountability tracking systems.
- Develop & implement proposals for programs, projects and initiatives in conjunction with site leadership to facilitate site and human resource strategic objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the Human Resources needs of the site are met and for the overall coordination of the HR
- function at the site.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, pending legislation, and regulatory standards.
- Develops and implements department goals and objectives that align with site and corporate Human Resource goals and objectives.
- Determines fiscal requirements of department; prepares annual budgets and meets expense expectations within
- those budgets.
- Periodically reviews and evaluates the performance of the departments and keeps the Vice President Human Resources and site President informed of the department’s progress.
- Assist in assimilation of team members resulting from mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations.
- Determines and analyzes related information reporting systems needs of various segments of the organization.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate interpretation, evaluation and application of Orlando Health and human resources policies and procedures that support fair and equitable treatment of team members.
- Promotes ongoing communications and recognition among constituents through a variety of communications vehicles
- to promote a positive and productive work environment.
- Align with peer corporate human resources directors to identify challenges in the environment, opportunities and/or adverse trends that require intervention as appropriate.
- Proactively facilitates and manages change to foster team member and leadership acceptance and support.
- Develop, prioritize, and direct on-site delivery of services, programs and initiatives in conjunction with corporate Human Resources to support the mission, vision and values of the site and Orlando Health.
- Initiates follow-up action on a timely basis to ensure that all customer service issues are handled promptly.
Other Related Functions
- Stays abreast of professional development and advancements in the human resources field.
- Participates in meetings with customers to gather, convey or exchange routine information.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Five (5) years successful Human Resources leadership experience.
- Healthcare or service industry experience preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned Human Resources generalist with significant exposure to a variety of human resources areas including, but not limited to, employee relations, organization development, recruitment, compensation, benefits, communications, planning and finance.