Sr. Digital Designer
TapestryNew York, NY, US7 days ago
This Senior Manager position will serve as a UI Design lead for Tapestry’s Analytics Team contributing to products and design system. Enabling the success of our digital products, our people, our company and our brands through the design of human-centric data-powered applications. The Senior Manager will report to the Digital Design Director for the Analytics Team, and participate in the development and delivery of intuitive, machine-learning powered web applications for all of Tapestry’s global brands
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Digital Design to...
- Ideate with objectivity; based on research, insights and industry best practices
- Craft original experiences that promote simplicity and leverage the Design System in response to problem statements
- Design and iterate; The Design System, user interfaces and individual components whilst adhering to design standards and usability best practices
- Develop prototypes that clearly illustrate how applications appear, move and function
- Contribute to usability testing, gathering requirements and the facilitation of feedback sessions
- Facilitate design showcases, communicate insights and outcomes in partnership with product management to Leadership groups, Senior Management and peers
- Demonstrate design thought leadership across departments with particular emphasis within the Analytics team
- Proactively provide input to the wider Analytics Team regarding a User’s Experience, Design Thinking processes and general Design led activities
The accomplished individual will possess…
- A strong portfolio, demonstrating;
- Experience in multi-channel and multi-device design
- Experience in contributing to, leveraging and evolving Design Systems
- Execution of key Graphic Design principles, including; Typography, Color Theory, Layout (Content Hierarchy, Whitespace & Rhythm).
- An ability to write copy with the User in mind
- Experience leading projects through Design Thinking activities and requirements gathering processes
- A thorough understanding of current web and mobile technologies
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Experience working in a collaborative development process
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
An outstanding professional will have...
- Minimum 5 years of UI design experience with proven track record of product adoption
- Minimum 3 years of UX design experience
- An academic background in Design or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Figma
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping software
- Interest in and/or experience with machine learning applications (bonus)
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.