Reporting into the Group Design Lead and working closely with the Chief Brand Officer, this role will help lead brand and advertising design for the business and help build a team of world-class designers over time.
This leader will be able to generate high-impact ideas and has the ability to keep up with the pulse of industry trends, with an eye on the health landscape to discover what’s new, what competitors are doing, and which innovations are coming next. You think big, you are a constant learner and your inspiration comes from everywhere.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- As a Senior Design team member on the 23andMe Creative Design team, you’ll be responsible for bringing our brand to life through:
- Marketing campaigns including concepting and pulling through to digital activations, customer communications, social media, environmental applications, etc.
- Digital experiences including our website, new landing pages, etc.
- Developing our brand system including creation of icons and illustrations, color and typography, etc, and ensururing a coherent brand expression across our ecosystem.
- You will lead projects while collaborating closely with designers, writers, marketing leads, and engineers.
- You will have the ability to think systematically, strategically, and articulate your design decisions.
- You'll cover the design spectrum–from quick, rough ideation to polished final deliverables–we'll look for work that thinks big and gets attention, but also follows a conceptual thread down to the smallest details.
- Review the work of junior designers and other team members to give guidance and feedback
- Potential to manage junior designers
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years experience with branding, product, or communication design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual thinking, strategic design solutions, and refinement in their craft.
- Thoughtful and articulate about their design decisions and ability to communicate their ideas and design rationale to Creative Directors and other Marketing leads.
- Demonstrated experience with full-scale marketing and brand campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience with creating, maintaining and evolving design systems and brand guidelines.
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- You’ll have broad experience working on a variety of projects with multiple partners and on tight timelines.
- Experience in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator and AfterEffects).
- Nice to have: Experience in animation/motion design and/or illustration. Health or wellness industry experience a plus.
Note: Ability to work from 23andMe's office in Sunnyvale, CA a minimum of 3 days per week
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate.
The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range