Sr Design Director
Senior Design Director of Calvin Klein Womens Underwear Design. This role will work closely with the SVP of CKU Womens and Mens, and partner with the VP of CKU Mens in forming the creative vision for Calvin Klein Underwear. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, the senior design director must be a skilled manager of creative teams (including but not limited to: Designers, Design Directors and freelance artists. This role requires at least 6 years’ experience leading design teams for distinct underwear brands. The senior design director must be an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Create distinct vision for the brands identity through seasonal drops and expanding on the brands over-all mission of inclusivity.
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly to the creative team
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire the creative team.
- Ensure that all of the conceptual creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall Calvin Klein brand.
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Champion new ideas that will drive the creative presence of the brand forward
- Partner with VP of merchandising and Womens Merchandising Manager to Establish the strategic direction for global womens underwear product that addresses the needs of diverse buyers while maintaining brand integrity.
- Build out strategic roadmaps of product, and how it can be scaled over time
- Manage the creation of computer aided design (CAD) presentations for internal use market presentations
- Partner with Marketing to create style name and descriptions, copy and packaging for new groups and silhouettes in line with brand identity.
- Liaison between global regional teams utilizing external and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate product assortment, color flow, and targeted price points in accordance with global alignment.
- Partner with cross-functional product development leads to build off-cycle product initiatives.
- Partner with VP Mens Underwear Design, Design Director Color and Print, as well as Director of Advanced Concepts and Innovation to create a sense of cohesion in overall CKU product assortment.
- Oversee PVH resources, such as color, fabric, and trim to standardize look and appeal of offerings with seasonal underwear developments
- Ability to manage lead time development partnering with Product Development and Raw Materials teams to maintain deliverables
- Manage Womens Underwear Design Development Calendar including all internal and external calendars for multiple deliverables
- Prioritize tasks to ensure resource efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish, monitor, and adhere to product timelines to ensure on time delivery
- Ensure calendar adherence, assortment focus, and aesthetic continuity with the Calvin Klein brand
- Report to SVP Design to ensure calendar adherence, assortment focus, and aesthetic continuity with the Retail and Wholesale division
- Partner with Supply to establish costs for line development understanding pricing strategies and goals
- Design concepts based on merchandising plan, to answer specific use case.
- Attend fittings and review prototypes.
- Convey all information to pertinent parties (Sourcing, Merchandising, and Technical Design).
- Responsible for communicating all necessary information for the technical packages.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Marketing Division, Global Concept Division, Underwear Team and Design Team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders and internal teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative team.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of 6 year minimum showing design and creative discipline in global underwear design
- Six or more years of experience as a senior-level designer experience with a specialization in womens underwear product.
- Familiarity with underwear construction, fabrications, and treatments
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to liaise with Retail partners along with cross-functional teams
- Manage focused communication to accounts with visual aids to create visibility of assortment
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Previous experience working with North America, Asia and Europe.
Pay Range: $149,600 - $201,850
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH