Sr Data Engineer
PayPalScottsdale, AZ18 days ago
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Paypal Finance Analytics and Data Platform team is looking to hire a Sr Data Engineer who will work with FP&A team to design and build out a new datamart and self-service solution for Finance. This new solution will enable single source of truth or all OpEx related data within PayPal.
- Design and build data foundation, data pipelines and ETL that will enable the Finance team to perform insightful analysis and create data visualizations to track key business metrics
- Partner with data, engineering and business teams to translate business problems into technical specs and work with developers in India to build out scalable, sustainable architecture
- Own table design and architecture, transformation logic and efficient query development to support growing needs of the organization
- Automate analyses and data pipelines to optimize infrastructure performance
- Build a reporting layer to enable self-service and dashboarding using Looker
- Create and manage Data Integrations between Google Cloud Datawarehouse and tools such as Essbase, SAP, etc.
- Develop testing and monitoring across the transformation layer to ensure data quality from sources and all models downstream
- Build out documentation that supports code maintainability and ultimately a Data Dictionary that makes data accessible to the organization
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role; experience with Finance datasets a big plus
- Experience developing data solutions on cloud platforms; Google Cloud certification is highly desirable
- Experience with ETL tools and proficiency in SQL, Python and/or R
- Experience with building out a semantic layer for reporting, preferably with Looker or other similar tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc. or equivalent background in rigorous technical problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and generate and evaluate new opportunities with internal and external partners.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.