Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Corporate Communications Manager
- Job Summary: We are seeking a seasoned corporate communications manager to join TPCi’s marketing organization. This new position will play a key role in presenting the company as a leader in entertainment across all Pokémon brand pillars with an emphasis on the company’s corporate and business initiatives. The Sr. Corporate Communications Manager will collaborate with the broader TPCi marketing and communications team as well as a variety of company stakeholders to identify, promote, protect and move TPCi’s objectives forward externally. Reporting to the Director, PR & Corporate Communications, this role will work closely with The Office of the President, People Team, CSR & DEI, extended members of the PR team, and leaders of various Pokémon brand pillars and business functions.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Develop and produce high-quality external communications programs, messages, and materials to raise the profile of TPCi, its leaders, and the Pokémon brand
- Lead and collaborate with teams across the organization for new ideas and corporate communications strategies at the local, national, and global level
- Identify and manage high-impact media and press opportunities, speaking engagements, and other external events in all sectors where The Pokémon Company International activates.
- Support external communications initiatives related to employer branding
- Support the Office of the President, People Team, and Internal Communications on the development of select internal communications
- Create presentations, reports, and other information for internal use
- Help identify and ensure all corporate messaging aligns with key business strategies
- Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials related to corporate communications initiatives
- Support in the management of Crisis Communications as well as the systems and processes involved to effectively manage crisis communications moments for the company
- Develop, lead and manage a comprehensive approach to awards programs for the company and its products.
- Identify, onboard, and manage external corporate and crisis communications agency support
- Work with agency partners to build out campaigns and other corporate communications programs
- Provide strategic PR guidance to parent company and other internal stakeholders for corporate and brand reputation matters
- Management of corporate website content and project management.
- Support additional Pokémon branded programs, projects, and events as needed.
What you’ll bring
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker who stays apprised of industry trends and their practical applications
- Experience and comfort in working with C-Suite executives
- Ability to identify an audience and develop/adapt communications objectives and materials appropriately.
- Ability to multitask and manage several diverse projects on a daily basis
- Ability to work well under pressure, with ambiguity, and manage time effectively
- Excellent media relations skills
- Experience working with traditional and emerging communications platforms to promote company initiatives.
- Ability to network effectively internally and externally across a variety of disciplines and industries.
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Event experience a plus
- Internal communications experience a plus
- Community Relations or experience supporting cause-marketing initiatives a plus
- Experience with sustainability communications a plus
- Experience working in the video game, entertainment, or CPG industries a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
- Demonstrable ability to plan strategically on a global scale, work effectively with international stakeholders and ensure consistency across divisions, time zones and territories.
- Proven track record of executing programs domestically and internationally.
- Strong project management, creative concept, and plan execution skills.
- Experience working for or with Japanese companies/brands is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $125,000.00 - $148,200.00. The full range is $125,000.00 - $187,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa.
For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.