AbbVieIrvine, CAa month ago
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
Senior Copywriter (Pacific Communications)
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
• A Creative and Organized Innovator. You are responsible for the copy output of the brands for which you are responsible for. You are expected to complete work in a timely fashion and within budgetary parameters.
• Elevate your creative ability. Continually strives to elevate his/her level of creative ability consistent with the desire for growth and excellence implicit in the Agency’s vision, mission and values. Sustains an ongoing effort to keep up to date on current developments in communications as they apply to the copy/creative department.
• Remain current with the competition. Is responsible for being current and conversant with his/her brands and the competition. Expected to participate in, and be a valuable contributor to, Brand Blueprint sessions. Is expected to effectively present creative work both internally and externally.
• Understand brand positioning. Expected to understand and incorporate brand positioning, strategy and messaging into all brand work.
• Take on various initiatives. May be called upon to participate in new business pitches with the new business team as required.
This position can be located in Irvine CA or remote work may be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience
• At least 3 years creative/copy experience, preferably in healthcare communications
• Creative experience within the classic full-service healthcare agency environment preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.