Sr. Compliance Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT
Are you a tech-savvy compliance professional looking to join an innovative and creative organization? Join eBay - a company committed to crafting an inclusive environment, and inspiring passion, courage, and creativity.
We're looking for a Sr. Compliance Analyst to join our Operational Policy, Risk and Controls (OPRC) team and partner with Global Customer Experience (GCX) to identify and mitigate regulatory, financial, reputational, and operational risks.
The OPRC team is passionate about protecting eBay and GCX from all types of risks while maintaining customer and employee satisfaction. By collaborating with different functions within and outside GCX, OPRC provides a comprehensive risk management and oversight framework, including regulatory and risk assessments, incident investigations, control advisory, policy governance, and control testing/adherence monitoring.
As a Sr. Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating risks within the GCX organization, developing mitigation strategies, and crafting controls. You'll be on a distributed team that proactively and reactively investigates risks and reports incidents to ebay management to protect our customers and employees.
- Identify and evaluate all risk types within GCX organization.
- Perform risk evaluation methodologies to incorporate into business changes such as new product introduction, changes in payment standards, and internal process changes.
- Assist and perform organization-wide risk assessments and conduct risk management workshops with various partners.
- Develop business processes and controls in partnership with the organization.
- Audit controls and risk areas on established frequency, perform risk and process gap assessments.
- Develop testing plans, implement testing based on the plan, and conduct ongoing formal testing of the design and operating efficiency of critical operational processes.
- Prepare regulatory reporting with appropriate data governance controls.
- Identify remediation areas/issues, follow up on open issues.
- Analyze data and reports to identify anomalies and perform investigations over risk incidents and reports.
- Assist the business in developing process, policies, and controls, document process controls, flowcharts, policies.
- Identify process improvements and simplification of processes and systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of audit (internal or external), controls, compliance, and/or risk operations experience, preferably within the e-commerce or financial services industry.
- Experience with risk assessments, documenting and evaluating risks.
- Experience identifying and crafting internal controls.
- Experience testing internal controls, developing test procedures, and testing plans.
- Experience managing and building positive relationships with key partners.
- Strong communication skills to educate/raise awareness of foundational elements/methodologies needed to support an internal control framework.
- Confident in managing and identifying key risk areas and generating solutions to address.
- Experience assessing, supervising, and remediating deficient controls.
- Experience with investigations and reporting findings.
- Proficient at navigating technical systems and software.
- Hybrid Role requiring employees to work a few days each week either at the office in San Jose, California, or Austin, Texas.
- Opportunity to be part of one of the most innovative compliance teams worldwide.
- Chance to grow valuable skills and carve out a career path as an industry leader.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Benefits are a crucial part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work..
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes: HI, NM)" excludes residents of Hawaii and New Mexico.