Sr Compensation Analyst
The Sr. Compensation Analyst is responsible for timely and accurate execution of compensation processes such as bonus programs, additional pay programs, merit, job classification and pay structures, benchmarking, job evaluation, survey participation, market analysis, audits, governance, etc. The Sr. Analyst will conduct research and analysis related to job requirements, and analyzes HR data, metrics, and statistics to ensure the company’s Compensation and Total Rewards programs are competitive.
Partnering with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders the position will deliver programs and processes across the organization and support the Total Rewards Leadership team with various initiatives.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and market analysis to assist with the evaluation of the Company’s job classification structure, rate ranges, geographic differentials, and short-term/long-term incentive programs, and to establish competitive pay practices which align with our overall pay philosophy.
- Support employees, managers and HR Business Partners related to compensation programs and practices.
- Develop and deliver compensation tools, training and communications for HR Business Partners and Leaders.
- Support the annual compensation processes and ensure the necessary data is set-up, stored, and maintained correctly for the Compensation Team to leverage.
- Participate in various Total Rewards projects as required, which may include the design and implementation of new and/or revised rewards and recognition programs, guidelines, and policies.
- Gather data and utilize data analysis techniques to prepare compensation analysis reports as needed.
- Partner with other teams such as the HR Business Partners, HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Finance, Legal, etc., as required.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
- Knowledge of job classification, FLSA and wage & hour laws.
- Knowledge of external survey sources and tools.
- Experience with HR systems such as Workday and compensation administration systems is preferred.
- Program management experience.
- Prior experience with systems implementations.
- Prior experience with compensation benchmarking surveys.
- Prior experience with Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter who demonstrates high levels of initiative.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or Finance or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources, Compensation, Benefits, Finance or related field.
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Bonus Plan Details (if applicable):
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).